Soccer Stars, the leading youth educational soccer program in the United States, is seeking a National Coaching Manager to join its team. For over 20 years, Soccer Stars has been using the game of soccer to help children develop valuable skills such as self-confidence, physical literacy, gross motor skills, and socialization.
As the National Coaching Manager, you will play a key role in leading the development and implementation of the company’s coaching curriculum and overseeing the quality of coaching staff across all of its programs. With lesson plans ranging from infancy 12 months to 12 years old, the National Coaching Manager will drive the continued development of Soccer Stars' acclaimed progressive curriculum and coaching staff coaches, while ensuring alignment with the company's mission.
- Oversee all Soccer Stars program coaches to ensure that the quality of coaching is consistent across the country
- Develop and lead ongoing coach training and development to maintain a high level of consistency and quality coaching.
- Work with HR team to develop and implement recruitment, onboarding, and succession planning processes for coaches.
- Collaborate with an in-house Curriculum team to develop creative and engaging lesson plans that are age and skill-appropriate, including adaptations for children with disabilities
- Develop a culture of accountability and data-driven decision-making across coaching staff
- Provide input and assistance in the development of regional and national programming, to ensure it can be implemented effectively and consistently to guarantee the best outcomes for children.
- Foster a culture of engagement and collaboration to ensure coaches support each other and the larger Soccer Stars team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Education, or a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of coaching or supervisory experience within a sports organization, ideally soccer
- Understanding of child development and how it relates to motor development, sport fundamental acquisition, and sport specialization.
- Experience with designing and implementing training programs
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends, make recommendations and decisions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, while ensuring alignment with the company’s mission and vision
- Ability to travel, as necessary, to observe and evaluate coaching staff and programming across the country.