An opportunity has arisen for a part time goalkeeper coach to join our Academy Our part time coaches deliver the coaching programme to players in line with the Club’s Philosophy, Playing Style and Coaching Syllabus.
You will work closely with all other coaches, Lead Phase Coach, Academy Head of Coaching and Academy Manager to ensure that all required EPPP evidence is collated appropriately and documented on the PMA/club documentation.
You will be experienced in dealing with young players, parents and have an understanding of the player development pathway detailed in the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
• To complete session planning and evaluation, objective setting for individuals, training and matches, player reviews and player feedback
• Recording of all necessary information on PMA & club documentation
• To conduct group, unit and individual video analysis sessions if appropriate with the support of the Academy Analyst Player Development and Progression
• To oversee performance reviews and setting of targets every 6 weeks for the goalkeepers, in line with the requirements of the EPPP, and feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings and informally as required
• To provide a 12 weekly written report for all goalkeepers and ensure that it is received by all parents • To compile a formal report of conclusions and actions on a monthly basis and ensure that these are recorded on PMA/club documentation
• Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy
• Understand the Academy Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines. Use this understanding to ensure safer recruitment, safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti bullying environment
• To be fully responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care Other responsibilities
• To ensure that the PMA/club documentation system is kept up to date in all matters relating to your role
• To keep the Academy Manager fully informed on all matters
• To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Academy
• To attend at least 5 hours of in-service training organised by the FA each year and the first aid training for Academy coaches at least once every 3 years
• To undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club
• Maintain and take care of all clothing and equipment supplied by the Club
• Understand, adhere to and enforce the codes of conduct set by Notts County FC Academy for players, parents and coaches
• Ability to plan, deliver, develop and monitor football coaching sessions • Ability to effectively manage player, parent and staff relationships • Ability to work independently and with internal and external teams • Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who places high value on attention to detail • An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change, and solution orientated • Ability to remain calm under pressure • Excellent organisational and time management skills • High levels of customer service, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations • Computer literate (with excellent abilities on Word, Excel and ideally database knowledge and application)
• UEFA ‘B’ GK Licence
• FA Youth Award
• Membership of the FA Coaches Club
• Emergency First Aid Certificate EFAiF LEVEL 2
• Safeguarding Children Certificate
• FA DBS Disclosure
HOW TO APPLY If you wish to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter.