The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and successfully generates enough revenue to support investment of over £150m into English football each year. The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
Lead all domestic and international broadcast and media rights activities across the FA's portfolio of leagues and competitions including Emirates FA Cup, England teams and Barclays Women's Super League.
Rights Tender Leadership
Strategically plan and execute all rights tender processes with cumulative values of $1billon, including;
Broadcast Relationship Management
Drive a step change in how we manage direct broadcaster relationships globally with a view to;
Lead The FA's over the top (OTT) platform
Lead strategic direction and delivery of The FA's over the top (OTT) platform; The FA Player.
Identify future opportunities to drive direct to consumer engagement as part of a broader rights distribution plan
• Oversee account management of key domestic broadcast partners and ensure effective contractual delivery, including competition scheduling. Collaborate to build audience share, promotional opportunities and awareness of competitions
• Drive an innovation agenda to unlock incremental media rights focussed revenue opportunities
• Work with content, insight and marketing teams on FA reserved rights - exploiting these rights and building out an international engagement platform for driving global audiences to consume FA published content, and promotion towards broadcasters
• Oversee procurement of production partners and development of the content offering to all international rights partners
• Support the team in delivery of all broadcast operations; contracts, relationships, delivery and stakeholder management
• Secure maximum revenue from ancillary rights, such as archive and audio
• Grow digitalisation and exploitation of archive content library
• Understand key industry and consumer trends that will influence the sector in the future, across technology, platform, production and distribution
• Multi-million pound budget management
• Lead annual business planning for broadcast, and contribute to the broader commercial plans
• Lead and coach a team to further develop and build capability within the division and broader business
• Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group changing priorities
Application Deadline Friday 12th March 2021.
The Football Association is the governing body of association football in England.