An opportunity has arisen at Carlisle United Football Club for a Head Academy Physiotherapist. This is a permanent full time position working with the scholars (U18) whilst overseeing the academy medical department from U9 to U16. You will be responsible to the Academy Manager.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• Plan, deliver and evaluate treatment and rehabilitation strategies for Academy players.
• Work closely with the First Team Head Physio with regards to the transition of players into the professional squad.
• Ensure appropriate medical supervision at all U18 training sessions and matches.
• Occasionally assist in the medical supervision of Reserve squad fixtures
• To meet the criteria of the EPPP.
• Develop nutritional strategies and support both individually and for team menus / meals.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Line manager to Academy Physiotherapists.
• Create and coordinate CPD for Academy medical staff
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy as a minimum
• Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
• Member of the HCPC.\
• ITMMiF qualification is essential, ATMMiF would be desirable
• Experience in the treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
• Experience treating pediatric and adolescent sports injuries is desirable
• Experience of working within elite sport (Preferably football)
• Knowledge / experience of GPS data would be preferred but not essential
• Enhanced DBS clearance
This position is salaried and will be dependent upon experience.
Carlisle United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date is Monday 15th March 2021