Boys U7s Team (5v5) Coach – Saturdays Warrington League
We are looking to offer a voluntary role to a coach now for 2021/22 season.
Team training will take place at our enclosed private ‘home’ pitches in Runcorn.
As a Volunteer Football Coach you will be assisted by our Development Officers in the recruitment of foundation level players who are currently in school year 1 (September year 2). You will be responsible for organising the team, with assistance from a Volunteer Assistant Coach. You will be delivering weekly foundation level training sessions to build your team’s confidence, develop their skills, and most importantly, ensure the kids are having fun and enjoying themselves. There are also weekly matches at a weekend which you will support by managing your team.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are interested in a future career in coaching, working with young people, or just passionate about football and want to get involved.
You will be required to undertake an online FA DBS check which is paid for by the Club.
Your voluntary coaching time will be rewarded by the Club with FA First Aid, Safeguarding training, and the FA Level One Coaching qualification all paid for by the Club during your 1st year.
You will be given full support internally via our experienced and dedicated Football Development Mentor.
Previous coaching or academic sports background experience would be nice but we will provide you with training, but what we do ask is that;
• You are reliable and can logistically get to training and match day venues.
• You are passionate about working with children and young people and making a difference to their lives.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Plan, run and deliver football related sessions
• You are able to actively engage and build positive relationships with young people, as well as the rest of the team.
• You are creative, enthusiastic, confident, and resilient.
• You are passionate about sports, and strong knowledge of rules and drills is preferable.
• You believe that the young people’s enjoyment and development is more important than winning.
• Able to manage parental expectations and build positive relationships with them.
• Must be willing to learn and share in our Club philosophy of developing new players.
• Be willing to complete the mandatory FA training and qualifications (we will cover any financial costs).
Obviously until the UK Government and The FA allow grassroots football to restart we can’t physically put any sessions on.
Runcorn Saxons FC strictly follow all COVID-19 guidelines and precaution:
• Remote interview process and onboarding
• Social distancing guidelines are in place for training & matchdays
• Hold virtual meetings
• Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning equipment procedures are in place
You don’t have to be good to start but you have to start to be good!
A Runcorn based, family orientated FA Charter Standard Girls & Boys Football Club. Teams for 6-16 year olds and beginners introduction sessions. We are proud of our Club & Playing Philosophy, allowing children to develop both on and off the pitch.