JOB TITLE: Equipment Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: NYCFC 1st Team
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Soccer Operations and Strategy
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
CAREER OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW:
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the day-to-day operations of the 1st team equipment department. This includes the setting up and breaking down of all first team training sessions, first team pre-season travel MLS Regular season travel, assisting in maintaining, ordering and inventorying equipment and apparel.
• Assisting in maintaining inventory of all 1st team kit and equipment
• Provide daily support for all team training sessions, including setup and breakdown of on-field equipment
• Assist coaches during practice in set-up of drills
• Daily laundry responsibilities for first team players and support staff
• Assist with locker room set-up for all home games
• Cleaning of player boots
• Occasionally driving equipment to airport for away travel
• Pressing game jerseys and training gear
• Maintaining game standards set forth by NYCFC, Major League Soccer and Adidas
• Compliance with Club policies and procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be outgoing and a ‘people person’
• Ability to work long hours and nights/weekends
• Ability to travel in accordance with a professional sports team
• Spanish speaker (strongly preferred)
• Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
• Heavy lifting and carrying may be required of athletic equipment staff as they will be in charge of the transportation, assembling and disassembling of certain equipment on a daily basis
• Travel to all home and some away games will be required for the position with daily working hours being dependent on team training schedule and games schedule
• Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.