ON THE BALL?
FIFA’s key mission is to truly globalise, popularise and democratise football for the benefit of the entire world. We govern the game, organise competitions and promote the development of football. Fair play, team spirit and diversity are key components of our game, as are excellence, working hard and having fun. We are a modern, diverse, multicultural organisation with over 800 passionate employees who are Living Football, and who love what they do. Our headquarters are in Zurich, Switzerland.
In 2021, FIFA will, based on the Football Global Ecosystem analysis, launch a global Talent Development Scheme (TDS) to increase the competitiveness of national teams. We are now seeking to appoint a team of top-class thought leaders for the further development, implementation and monitoring of the TDS. FIFA is looking to recruit technical leaders – on a freelance basis – with a proven track record in the development and implementation of technical programmes in the high-performance area.
• Further development of the FIFA TDS and its roll-out by monitoring progress and tracking its implementation
• Provide consultancy services to FIFA member associations on developing and optimising talent development strategies
• Conduct on-site visits and workshops to align and train stakeholders
• Create supporting material for the training and education of the relevant target groups (coaches, academy directors, technical directors, high-performance experts, etc.)
• Facilitate knowledge exchange among the member associations, FIFA and other experts
• Experience as a technical leader such as technical director, high-performance director or other technical management function at association, league, club and/or academy level
• Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring football technical development programmes and strategies
• Experience in working with senior leaders in sports, including association presidents, general secretaries and technical staff
• A strong technical background in football (A-Licence or Pro Licence)
• Bachelor in Sports related fields is desirable
• Fluent in English. Any other widely used language (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese) would be an asset
• Willingness to travel worldwide for extended periods on a regular basis
You can expect a unique, responsible task/job with creative freedom in high-performance football in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
FIFA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for freelance employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disability, or on any other grounds.
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post please)
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the umbrella organisation of its members, currently 211 national football associations. Its main objectives, enshrined in its statutes, are to develop football around the world, to stage international competitions and to protect the integrity of football (against match manipulation, doping etc.).
FIFA is a truly diverse, modern and multicultural organisation and its primary purpose is to promote football. Over 800 people from 50 nations – 40 per cent of which are women, including the Secretary General – covering a wide variety of professional profiles, work to fulfil that purpose. FIFA’s headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland. We have other offices in Zurich, as well as temporary offices around the world.
We are 'living football' – we are committed to the game, to the people, to the planet and to the future. It is what we do. It is why we are here.
Our culture is shaped by fair play, team spirit, diversity, sustainability, transparency and innovation. We live by these values. Regardless of race, religion, national origin, colour, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship – we support diversity; indeed, we consider it to be key to our success.
We are looking for talented and motivated team members who would embrace these values every day, with purpose, passion and pride, in order to make a positive impact on the world of football and beyond.
We offer a unique and exciting work environment with great opportunities for your personal and professional development.