Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Tannadice Park, Tannadice Street, Dundee, DD3 7JW
Contract: Full time, 40 hours per week, any five days out of seven as agreed including matchdays
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
The Head of Stadium and Facility Operations will be responsible for the facility management of Tannadice Park, Foundation Park and The Cedars, inclusive of health & safety arrangements, line management of the facilities staff, subcontract management and maintenance programme. The role will see the successful applicant rake responsibility for maintaining all essential infrastructure, facilities and ensuring inspections and certificates are complaint with regulations. The role will work closely with the senior management team and other key stakeholders. In addition, this individual will lead and support a large team of support operatives to ensure the highest standards of operational excellence across the stadium and associated areas, including all suites and lounges.
- Always ensure the professional and safe operation of the stadium
- Work on the strategic development and management of the stadium operations, ensuring the highest levels of quality and performance across the stadium, car parks and surrounding areas.
- Ensure that the Clubs property meets or exceeds required statutory regulations and industry standards regarding health and safety, security, accessibility, safeguarding etc.
- To take responsibility for delivering a safe, efficient, and memorable match day operation for visitors and staff, orchestrating a team of staff, stewards, casual staff, and third-party partners.
- Having responsibility for compliance with ground safety certification and ensuring operational performance meets requirements of the certification.
- To develop and manage efficient audit control, security, and management processes.
- To lead a bottom-up review of stadium operation activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery of stadium activity.
- Prepare risk assessments where required and scrutinise and collate risk assessments in relation to all work conducted at the stadium, particularly those works carried out by external stakeholders.
- Lead the planning and organisation of all matches and events within the stadium.
- Liaise and work with the Chief Operating Officer in relation to the stadium operations budget and ensure that cost controls are continually monitored.
- Line management – providing leadership, direction and support to the stadium operations departments including, Match Operations, Safety, Security and Maintenance
- Function as the designated health & safety expert for the club, including but not limited to ensuring the highest standards are met in terms of H&S, conduct, and procure relevant staff training.
- Lead the contract management process, developing key relationships, driving cost reduction and service delivery.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ operational experience of H&S management in a similar or transferable skilled position
- Strong people skills, highly motivated as an individual with excellent levels of communication
- Possess excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Teams, Word, & Excel
- Experience of mid-senior level management in a multi event environment
- Knowledge of the Green Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds
- Experience of developing and implementing facility management strategies
Qualifications & Training
- H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH (or working through this qualification currently)
- NVQ level 4 in Spectator Safety Management (or working towards this currently)
To apply for this position please submit your CV via our website. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org please ensure your full name and the Job title of this advert is in the subject header of your email. Closing date for applications will be Friday 23rd February 2024 at 3pm.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in light of changing club requirements.
Dundee United FC is committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.