Job Title – Photo Production Executive
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are looking for a Photo Production Executive who will work quickly and meticulously on a range of photography based projects collaborating with designers, motion designers, artworkers, producers, photographers, art directors, stylists etc to deliver photography that helps us tell Chelsea’s story, whether it’s for a clothing line or a matchday brief.
Brief description and duties:
- Manage Chelsea FC’s visual assets, understanding the business needs in order to source strong photography from our database that will then be used in campaigns across print, digital, stadium inventory and OOH
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to understand how photography can make an impact to their business area
- Build a network and maintain a black book of collaborators from photographers, agencies, stylists, make up artists and retouchers
- Support the Creative Art Direction Lead with achieving their vision for a project by sourcing teams and talent, and liaising with the right collaborators for projects
- When asked to attend shoots, support in creating documents for them, organize shot lists and the details of the shoot in order to be able to set everyone up for the day
- Work with the Creative Operations Lead to prepare and plan for the shoot, being the hub of information for everyone involved, and negotiate fees/usage/contracts, making sure paperwork is in order for anyone external to the club
- Support the Creative Operations Lead in keeping track of budgets for a shoot, making sure we stay within budget and can deliver within timelines
- Some knowledge of retouching of imagery and colour correction to be able to brief teams post the production
- Manage stakeholder involvement and communications throughout the project to make sure the Creative Studio are cross collaborating across different business areas
- Understand the Chelsea brand and how we express it through styling and photography to make sure our ranges are sold effectively
- Managing our photo library consisting of matchday imagery/training shot/headshots collating imagery on a regular basis for all stakeholders to use
Must Haves/Nice to have/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Previous demonstrable experience in photoshoot production working client-side or agency experience
- Solid experience of working across multiple brands and on a broad range of projects, where the end result appeared in a multi-channel marketing campaign
- An interest and a passion for photography
- A showreel/portfolio that showcases their creative input and involvement in a shoot
Key Skills required:
- Methodical: Organised and systematic, with great attention to detail. Enjoys juggling multiple projects with different deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Production: Have background in photojournalism, visual arts, photography or similar with a proven grasp of usage/licensing of the photography developed
- Interpersonal: Good interpersonal skills, a team player with a positive attitude. Enjoys working as part of a team as well as working independently. Able to provide clear directions to photographers, stylists etc
- Responsive: Adaptive to changes and able to multi-task, without compromising on standards, on several projects at any given time.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills in order to pull together and effectively communicate the information surrounding a project
- Professional: In this role you’ll be working with influencers, organizing access to players etc so integrity and focus is key
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.