Job Title – Women’s Social Media Manager
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a leading digital content strategist to help shape and implement an ambitious new strategy for growth and engagement across our Chelsea women channels, helping grow visibility and commercial revenue.
This role will report into and work very closely with the Head of Social Media and Content to deliver and roll out this strategy on the women’s side of the game.
Brief description and duties:
- You will work with the Head of Social Media and Content to design and implement an ambitious strategy for all of our women’s social media channels in order to constantly improve and innovate our output. You will be responsible for the implementation of the women’s social media strategy, driving visibility and contributing to commercial revenue generation.
- You will oversee team publishing and scheduling all content across all social media channels, working closely with the Women’s Social Media Planner and the Women’s Social Media Executive who will deliver match coverage. This will include channel management across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube.
- You will help analyse and report on Chelsea’s performance across all social media channels, using findings to inform future direction of content and campaigns.
- You will help oversee the strategy for social media collaborations, both with other Chelsea channels (especially men’s channels), Chelsea’s women’s players, and other leading football publishers.
- You will liaise with the Fan Engagement Lead and the Content Distribution and Syndication Lead to drive visibility of Chelsea women and key players in growth markets, especially the US.
- You will have a strong news sense and how the Club should deal with a range of issues, liaising closely with the Communications teams.
- You will be very knowledgeable about social media trends and adept at identifying and implementing opportunities that allow us to be a world leader in football content.
- You will look at ways in which Chelsea women’s team and players can enhance production workflows and efficiencies.
- You will lead cross-functionally on execution planning on social media channels for communications, marketing and commercial objectives.
- You will need to understand and have a view on how social media channels are best used for communication, marketing and commercialisation at a football club.
- You will work to identify key audiences for growth, and then tasking your team with building them at scale and speed on the platforms you manage.
- You will be required to exercise judgement and assess the potential impact of social posts given the external and internal scrutiny on our social media activity.
- You will need to be able to use data to feedback insights into key stakeholders, and then suggest and articulate re-prioritisation of content outputs accordingly.
- Chelsea Football Club is proud to have achieved the Premier League’s Equality Advanced Standard. Our channels must reflect our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- You will be required to manage the sometimes-competing demands of key stakeholders. Cool under pressure and excellent powers of persuasion are required.
- You will need to be able to explain both problems and solutions in layman’s terms. This will be important when articulating challenges and opportunities to stakeholders outside of the Publishing team.
- As well as yourself, you will be responsible for managing our small social media team and our freelance support, so experience of people management is a must.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Strong experience of designing and implementing successful growth and engagement strategies for social media channels.
- Have significant experience of working across multiple platforms, tones of voice, and engaging with diverse audiences, preferably with some experience of football publishing.
- Demonstrate significant experience in optimisation of social content across a multitude of different platforms to reach bigger and/or focused audiences.
- Experience using social measurement and reporting tools, and how you have used analytics and data to improve and iterate on content performance.
- Proven experience of people management and helping others to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Proven ability to manage diverse internal and external stakeholders, with often competing priorities and objectives.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience of success at a football club, other sports organisation or sports media publisher.
- Expertise around women’s football is preferable.
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.