Job Title – Global Partnership Sales Manager (Sponsorship)
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are looking for a Partnership Sales professionals to join the business and focus on the following areas:
- Revenue – contribute to ongoing delivery and exceeding of sponsorship revenue targets by selling all levels of club partnership to prospect brands.
- Reputation – build positive relationships with brand decision makers and other external stakeholders, showcasing Chelsea FC and our partnership proposition and effectively ascertaining brand objectives and stakeholder motivations.
- Stakeholders – build positive working relationships with CFC stakeholders across the business to ensure effective cross-departmental collaboration.
- Team – be an active member of the team, contribute to a positive, collaborative environment.
Brief description and duties:
- Pipeline – source, assess and evaluate new partnership prospects through multiple avenues, including by leveraging existing senior stakeholder relationships, in order to build and maintain an effective client pipeline with brand decision makers on an individual basis and alongside sales colleagues.
- Sales Cycle - Drive opportunities across the entire sales cycle from first meeting to contract signature including maximising the effectiveness of hosting opportunities and face to face meetings and liaising with internal contacts on key elements of the deal e.g. finance and legal.
- Prospect Intelligence – ascertain the key objectives and success measures of partnership prospects and ensure the level and details of any partnership proposal maximises the clubs assets, is supported by robust business intelligence and insights and helps achieve their goals.
- Pitching – confidently and capably represent the Chelsea brand in meetings with external stakeholders to engender a positive reputation of the Chelsea Partnership team in the market.
- Relationship building – actively listen to brand stakeholder challenges and effectively communicate these challenges to internal stakeholders so that we can build effective, customised proposals.
- Creative Material – contribute to the creation of high-quality, customised sales material for brands that aligns with Chelsea’s position as a premium, aspirational brand.
- Industry engagement – a proactive approach in ideating, creating and implementing opportunities to host and engage new and existing prospects.
- Agencies – promote and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with various key agency contacts and ensure such contacts are aware and understand the Chelsea FC sales proposition.
- Feedback & enhancement – where prospects do not progress to signature, ascertain the reason and ensure both continued, long-term relationship with the brand and potential improvements to sales process.
- Onboarding and ongoing relationship – work with the Partnerships Activation team on the partner onboarding process and maintain a relationship with the new partner as appropriate.
- Relationship management - engage key stakeholders across the club to ensure viability where a product or service is to be integrated or where there is potential crossover with a partner, service or supplier.
- CRM – ensure the partnership CRM is up to date and reflective of the current stage of partnership discussions and is reporting concisely and effectively on the sales pipeline.
- Teamwork – Actively contribute to the sales team, always looking for ways to enhance how we operate and for ways to support other colleagues.
- Support - To work closely with and assist the Sponsorship Sales team, the wider commercial team and other departments as required.
- Flexible – Willingness to work flexible hours and to go above and beyond.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Proven track record of sales success – preferably in sponsorship or another relevant field.
- High level of proactivity and thrives on a challenge.
- Active listener and communicator with a strong storytelling ability.
- Positive attitude and hunger for a challenge.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills; confident in influencing and negotiating with internal and external personnel.
- Strategic thinker who’s able to think outside the box and see the bigger opportunity.
- A likeable, enthusiastic, collaborative team-member who has a positive influence on the team.
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.