Join the Team.
Kansas City Current is home to the best-in-class training facility and the first stadium built for a women’s sport team. Our organization is committed to seeing the fullest potential of our athletes and of our city.
To foster our vision, we prioritize hiring and retaining world-class talent.
We’re looking for talented individuals with diverse perspectives, skill sets, and backgrounds to provide our guests an unforgettable experience. As leaders in women’s sports, we are excited to offer a variety of positions within our front office, stadium, and event settings. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development and invest in our employees through competitive pay, robust health care and wellness benefits, and employee resources and networking.
Who are we hiring?
Chief Financial Officer
As the Chief Financial Officer for the Kansas City Current, you will lead and oversee the financial activities of the organization, directing the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and forecasting future growth for the team.
What will you do?
· Direct the preparation of all financial statements specific to the sports industry, including income statements, balance sheets, owner reports, tax returns, and reports for relevant sport’s governing bodies
· Oversee fulfillment of financial obligations of the team (i.e. payment processing, payroll processing)
· Proactively manage, communicate and project cash flow
· Responsibly manage financing facilities (i.e. covenant management, lender financial reporting and certifications, etc.)
· Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets, considering the unique financial dynamics of sports teams
· Partner with key internal stakeholders on the business and strategic planning process and suggest improvements for the future success
· Collaborate with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establishment priorities of the team's financial strategy
· Study long-range economic trends in the sports industry and project their impact on future growth in fan engagement, sponsorships, and market share
· Identify opportunities for expansion into new areas within the sports and entertainment domain
· Serve as a steward of the organization by protecting assets of the company ensuring compliance with respective local and federal regulations, communicating, managing and mitigating any risks, and aligning business and financial strategy to grow the business
What do you need to succeed?
· Excellent management and supervisory skills tailored to the sports environment
· Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with a focus on sports finance
· Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems relevant to sports team management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial information to both sports and non-sports professionals
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree in business administration, Accounting, or Finance required
· Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
· Eight to ten years of experience in financial management, with a strong background in sports finance
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, with a focus on sports financial analysis
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Special requirements of the Job:
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, inclusive of weekends, nights (event evenings & overnight operation shifts), and holidays
· Ability to monitor company communications and respond to time-sensitive matters with senior executives
· Travel may be required
We value diversity and seek world-class employees of all backgrounds.
The Kansas City Current values diversity and is looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, we comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.