ECA is the sole independent body directly representing football clubs at European level. With a current membership base of more than 480 professional football clubs from across the continent, with plans to increase it to 700 Members over the next few years, ECA is the representative voice of European clubs on the international football landscape.
Working closely with football’s governing bodies, competition organizers, and other professional stakeholders, ECA’s core purpose is to place clubs at the ‘Heart of Football’. ECA is continually strengthening its administration to ensure it enhances the value of its activities and services for Member clubs.
ECA has a rapidly growing administration team of 40 people, and is on a mission of organizational development, targeting a performance-driven culture, and delivering high impact outcomes for our colleagues, and our members.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are amongst ECA’s core values, and we are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment, for all staff and members.
As ECA continues to grow – in terms of members, services, and events - so too does the number of transactions that need to be processed by the finance department, with forecast year-on-year volume increase of 50%.
This new role, which reports to the Senior Finance Operations Manager, will assume day-to-day responsibility for ECA’s accounting unit.
In addition to managing, and developing, ECA’s Accounting Officer, the role will be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are processed and recorded in an accurate and timely manner, and in doing so, always displaying the highest levels of service to all internal, and external, stakeholders.
This is an ideal opportunity for a technically strong, and ambitious individual, to develop a successful career, in a dynamic and fast-growing organisation. The role will be based at ECA’s offices in Nyon, Switzerland in accordance with ECA’s working policies. Some limited overseas travel may be required.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will be wide ranging and include:
- Overseeing the accounting operation of the organization, ensuring that all transactions are processed accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Customer management – raising all sales invoices and ensuring prompt collection of all receivables.
- Supplier management – processing supplier invoices in accordance with internal policies and ensuring approved invoices are paid in accordance with their stipulated due dates.
- Processing expense claims submitted by staff members & club representatives, in a timely manner.
- Ownership of the month and year-end closing processes.
- Detailed understanding of, and full compliance with, all Swiss tax obligations and deadlines.
- Coordinating with external auditors, and other regulatory bodies, in respect of the provision of accurate and timely financial information.
- Preparing & submitting, VAT declarations, and recovering VAT incurred outside of Switzerland.
- Being aware of changes in accounting regulations and always ensuring full compliance.
- Reviewing & updating, internal policies, and monitoring organization wide compliance.
- Good understanding of currency movements and risks, and their potential accounting impact.
- Providing support and assistance to ECA Senior Finance Operations Manager, as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing the accounting of a fast-paced small/mid-sized organization.
- In-depth knowledge of Swiss accounting standards (GAAP), regulations, and best practices.
- Good understanding of analytical cost accounting, and its importance in shaping business decisions.
- Experience of VAT & other Swiss tax accounting rules, deadlines, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Swiss payroll accounting (advantageous).
- Business or accounting degree.
- Swiss certified accountant.
- Comfortable working with a range of IT systems.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Business Central (advantageous).
- Fluent in French and English - both oral and written.
- A solid, reliable, and efficient individual, with a track record of getting the job done.
- Comfortable working in a growing, high profile and fast-paced organization.
- Well-developed customer service mindset, with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable managing large workloads and working to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and resilient with ability to adapt to changing requirements and/or deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A trusted and discrete individual who is comfortable working with sensitive information.
- A team player who always displays a proactive and positive attitude.
- An ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to colleagues outside of the finance department.
Candidates should send their applications to Michael Page Company who assists ECA with the recruitment process. Please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Only candidates fulfilling the required skills and experience will be contacted.
References should be available upon request.