Mansfield Town Football Club has an exciting new opportunity to join the commercial team as a commercial sales & partnerships executive.
The successful candidate will work exclusively within the commercial department at One Call Stadium, supporting the commercial manager to increase commercial revenue and deliver effective partnership strategies across sponsorship, hospitality, and non-matchday events.
Working hours: Usually 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday with the addition of all home fixtures and non-match day events.
Salary: Competitive. Please state your expectations on application
- Be accountable for KPI’s to maintain and increase revenue growth, amending strategy to maximise performance, whilst ensuring targets are achieved.
- Proactively source new business through cold calling across field, tele-sales, direct marketing and social media.
- Identify and upsell existing and new clients to maximise revenue.
- Conduct on-site and off-site meetings, creating presentations and securing business to manage and grow partner relationships.
- Provide monthly target and revenue updates.
- Efficient use of the club’s CRM to record a clear and concise sales pipeline and recording of sales data.
- Invoicing sales and ensuring accounts are paid in a timely fashion.
- Administrative duties to support the commercial manager
- Handle inbound calls and emails for matchday hospitality bookings and update the booking system with clear and concise data.
- Work closely with on-site departments such as events and catering to coordinate the delivery of activities.
- Maintain good relations with commercial partners and sponsors, managing their accounts and delivering the very best in class partner activations.
- Management and activation of contractual obligations on behalf of the club and EFL partners.
- Ensure that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to all contractual obligations.
- Maintain awareness of relevant competitor information and market developments to initiate and drive business evolution.
- Work closely with the commercial manager in securing major sponsorships for the club, such as front of shirt, stadium naming rights etc.
- Support the commercial manager with data analysis, research tasks, meeting preparation, decks and proposals.
- Ensure commitment to attendance of club events and match days.
- Assist the operations and hospitality team with the delivery of a high standard of matchday hospitality, providing guests with exceptional service and experience.
- Build a rapport with hospitality guests and identify individuals and companies to discuss potential advertising, sponsorship or partnership opportunities.
- Collaborate with the club’s matchday host to deliver an entertaining and engaging matchday experience within our hospitality suites and be prepared to host within either suite to cover for planned leave or illness.
- Entertain match sponsors and successfully deliver the match and match ball sponsorship packages.
- Delivery of partnership activations such as matchday takeovers, fan-zone activities and half-time shows.
- A recognised professional qualification or relevant sales experience in a target driven role.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to articulate information and influence others.
- IT literate, with the ability to use the full suite of Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated with a passion to succeed.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work well under pressure at business-critical times, multi-tasking and prioritising workloads as necessary.
- Flexible approach to work, and working hours, with an understanding that due to the nature of the business, will be required to work evenings and weekends when required (time off in lieu of working matchdays and events at weekends and evenings is encouraged)
- Understands the need to be sensitive and confidential in relation to information and data and understands the principles of GDPR in relation to the management of personal and sensitive data and information.
- A willingness to learn and continuously develop.
- Be flexible to meet the requirements of the needs of the business.
- Excellent networking skills, with the ability to develop and establish relationships with new and existing businesses.
- The ability to travel between different sites and to client meetings.
- Experience of accounts management and partnership rights delivery.
- Experience of working in a commercial role in the sports industry.
- Ability to think dynamically and drive fresh ideas within the club.
Closing date for applications: Friday 01 March 2024
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The club recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them.
The club expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.