The Bundesliga is one of the world’s most successful sports leagues being a social institution in Germany since 1963 with brand awareness levels of 99% and millions of enthusiastic fans all around the world.
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content in order to promote the Bundesliga brand internationally. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms. This includes production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms.
For our team in Cologne, Germany we are looking for a
Technical Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Here’s what’s waiting for you on the pitch:
- You establish and continuously improve monitoring solutions for OTT platforms and business applications.
- You assist to develop new OTT features and coordinate the live operation of OTT streams and events.
- You implement security measures and best practices for protecting OTT content.
- You identify and resolve/ escalate technical issues and disruptions.
- You are responsible for application and permission management for B2B business applications.
Here’s what should be in your sports bag:
- You have a degree in the field of (business) informatics or a comparable degree.
- You have at least 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in a comparable position.
- You have cloud architecture certificates or monitoring certificates e.g. Datadog, Dynatrace, Solarwinds or Splunk.
- You are available on weekends and willing to plan your capabilities around match times.
- You have high coordination and communication skills to manage external and internal vendors.
- You have a well-founded knowledge and good understanding of application architecture, SaaS and Cloud-Service infrastructure (e.g. AWS) as well as suitable monitoring systems.
- Fluent English is not a problem for you, other languages would be advantageous.
Here’s what characterises you as a teamplayer:
- You are a team player having a hands-on mentality and a high level of responsibility.
- You put yourself in the customer’s shoes and take ownership when it comes to solving problems.
- You are highly motivated to achieve above average results whilst maintaining a reliable and accurate way of working.
- You can proudly state that respect & appreciation is part of your daily work life.
- Last but not least, you strive to learn and develop yourself as well as your team.
Here’s what we offer you:
- A state-of-the-art new work environment with agile methods, OKR framework and a corporate culture with high autonomy.
- The opportunity to work on exciting and diverse tasks in a growing, international organization.
- A modern office space and flexible working environment.
- Diverse training and eLearning opportunities as well as benefits such as company pension plans from the 1st day.
The position is initially based on a two-year fixed contract.
You want to be a part of our company? #oneteam