The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group is comprised of local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat BMO Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Technical Director is responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of Soccer Operations. This role oversees the Club’s soccer operations including player recruitment, coach development, performance analysis, sport science and strategic planning.
This role reports to the Co-President, General Manager - Soccer Operations.
- Work closely with General Manager and technical staff evaluating LAFC matches and individual players.
- Oversee coach and player development across all LAFC teams (e.g. First team, Second team, Academy) through regular feedback and evaluation.
- Maintain oversight of staffing structure and ensure efficient and effective operations across all departments by establishing staff communication and collaboration opportunities.
- Manage scouting department, operations, and budget.
- Aid in player transfers, recruitment, and negotiations.
- Ensure LAFC game model, playing philosophy, and curriculum are aligned and implemented across all teams.
- Such other duties and services as may reasonably be assigned that are consistent with the role.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a similar role at a professional sports team required. With a professional soccer/football club preferred.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Possess a positive and optimistic attitude to lead and inspire the team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work productively and multi-task in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as the season requires.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Multilingual is a plus.
At LAFC, we carefully consider a wide range of factors to determine a fair and equitable compensation package. The final offer amount will consider a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to skill sets; relevant experience and training. Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure guidelines, the overall range for this role is $175,000 - $200,000 per year.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.