|12 hours per week
|Head of Medical Services
|1st Team (Primarily), Academy and Women (If cover required, in conjunction with other club doctors)
|Dependent on Experience
Sheffield United are seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to fill the role of Club Doctor, providing crucial support to the Head of Medical Services. The successful candidate will play a key role in the development, implementation, and evaluation of medical treatment for all players. This includes providing essential medical cover for both games and training sessions when on-site.
- To provide dedicated training ground clinics (likely to be a Thursday or Friday) as agreed with the Head of Medical Services in accordance with contracted hours (12).
- To provide pitch-side medical cover for fixtures (these could be home or away, but as a core requirement this would be between 25-33% of full fixture list (Approximately 9 to 16 games) and would incorporate approximately 50% of all away fixtures (Approximately 9 to 12 games) in co-ordination with other club doctors. Cup fixtures may create additional requirement.
- Liaise with and manage appropriate pitch-side personnel during games, including Physiotherapists, Paramedics, opposition medical staff etc.
- To be fully flexible to be available for advice 'on-call'
- To be responsible for the organisation of appropriate additional medical cover as and when required
- To be available for occasional 'out-of-hours' additional responsibilities e.g. accompanying players for surgery and consultations etc as required
- To provide the organisation for and full over-view of all referrals, investigations, and Consultant review appointments
- To oversee the management of squad player injuries in consultation with the Head of Medical Services
- To liaise with all Club physiotherapists, allied staff, and squad players to ensure complete medical services are provided to the highest possible standard.
- To participate in the training of all Sports Medicine & Performance team staff
- To maintain adequate stocks of appropriate medicines, appliances and equipment as procured by the club.
- To maintain contemporaneous secure medical records and ensure the completion of all appropriate paperwork / electronic records.
- To maintain own appropriate Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- To provide advice on medical matters pertaining to Sports Medicine including; diet, exercise, illness, travel, vaccinations, medications, drug-testing etc
- To organise and oversee the Cardiac Screening programme for all relevant players who have not previously had this procedure or require updating in accordance with current recommendations and guidelines.
- To undertake medical assessments and perform baseline investigations for relevant players in accordance with current recommended guidelines (e.g. peak flow, chest / heart sounds, urine analysis etc).
- To arrange and action the findings from medical assessments and investigations performed outside of SUFC as indicated.
- To undertake any appropriate additional duties as required and agreed with the Head of Football Operations and the Head of Medical Services.
- To carry out/take part in training requests as directed by the Club.
Club Wide Responsibilities:
- To adhere to all Sheffield United Football Club's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures to foster an environment which protects from harm those defined as children and adults at risk.
- To report any concerns of a Safeguarding nature to the relevant parties and remain fully compliant with any applicable Safeguarding checks and due diligence and recognise your responsibility to the Club's Safeguarding agenda.
- To report any concerns of discrimination to the relevant parties and promote a welcoming and inclusive club environment for all.
- To adhere to the Club's Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion policies, supporting the Club to create an environment which is inclusive and all-encompassing.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Proven track record in delivering medical support for elite-level athletes.
- Demonstrated ability as a strong disciplinarian.
- Success in collaborative work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a consistent commitment to team collaboration.
- Fully registered doctor licensed to practice by the General Medical Council (GMC).
- FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMIF) certification.
- Minimum qualification of a Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine or an equivalent/higher professional qualification, as approved by The Football Association, or actively progressing towards this achievement.
- Current extended Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance.
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Effective workload prioritization abilities.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational qualities.
- Inspiring and motivational leader with high enthusiasm.
- Exemplifies strong interpersonal skills as a people person.
Please download and save the application form before inputting information. If you require a paper copy please contact the HR department firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 253 7200.
Completed application forms must be submitted via email to email@example.com stating the vacancy title in the subject or posted to HR, Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March 2023.
Please note that in the instance of high volumes of applications we may close this vacancy earlier than the closing date noted above.
SHEFFIELD UNITED APPLICATION FORM
Please download and save the application form on our website before inputting information.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements the successful applicant must produce documentary verification of their eligibility to work in the UK and will not be allowed to start work until this has been received.
Equality and Diversity
Sheffield United FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Sheffield United FC are a Disability Confident Committed Employer. If you would like further information regarding the scheme and how we are able to support disabled persons within the workplace, then please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheffield United FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK. For further information on the Club's Safeguarding Statement please access the following link: