The 2024 Summer Operations and Events Internship is a paid position that is responsible for assisting with the administration and execution of US Youth Soccer programs and events. This internship was created to provide candidates with hands on experience into the youth sports world. Interns will receive a vast array of experience in all aspects of event management.
A sample of the essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide support in the planning and execution of USYS events
(including but not limited to USYS National Championships, USYS National Championship Series regional events, USYS National President’s Cup, and USYS Presidents Cup regional events.
• Assist Operations and Events department with event preparation and logistics leading up to our 12 summer events.
• Assist in coordinating logistics to include shipping, arrival, set up, and tear down.
• Work on site as needed at selected regional and national events.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Excel in managing multiple projects concurrently with strong detail, problem solving and follow-through.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds at US Youth Soccer events.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Prior work experience with youth soccer or other youth sports administration is desirable.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
This is a paid internship, based in Frisco, TX. There are no relocation fees, and no housing is provided. The position begins in May and runs through July 31st, 2024.
US Youth Soccer is a non-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.