U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Marketing Operations Coordinator to join U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team. This position will be working with the Manager of Events Marketing to support local and nationwide marketing efforts that grow the fan base and generate interest and engagement in U.S. Soccer programs, platforms, and events.
In this role, you’ll be supporting U.S. Soccer’s marketing efforts of owned, earned, and paid strategies to reach current fans and prospective audiences and partner with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts on campaign planning through implementation.
To be successful, you’ll have an understanding of insights, demographics, psychographics, and behavioral data to influence marketing and brand building tactics. You’ll work with U.S. Soccer’s analytics leads to track metrics evaluate performance. You’ll work across functional teams in the support of developing and deploying full U.S. Soccer ecosystem marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate is one who is proactive, organized, detail oriented, data driven and resourceful.
- Working across the full marketing to team to outline clear objectives, marketing and messaging strategies and execute key go-to-market tactics for key U.S. Soccer initiatives, platforms, programs, and events that deliver against Federation business and brand goals and leverages the entirety of our marketing mix.
- Be able to understand events marketing and manage communication among internal stakeholders to ensure clarity and alignment on core objectives, audiences, strategies, channels, timelines, budgets, deliverables, etc. throughout project lifecycle.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on campaign objectives and maintain constant communication through the entirety of the campaign.
- Proactively leverage data, market insights, marketing tools and the spectrum of marketing channels (owned, earned, and paid) to help develop and execute impactful strategic recommendations and see them through to completion.
- Oversight across the organization's owned channels, including social media, app, website, and email marketing, to ensure cohesive and consistent messaging and brand presence.
- Partner with analytics to develop performance metrics, evaluate campaign performance, and optimize marketing efforts in real-time and to inform future promotion.
- Support Marketing Leadership Team and other internal stakeholders on all aspects of marketing, including annual strategic planning and process refinement.
U.S Soccer is currently building a National Training Center in Fayette County, GA. This role will be reporting to the office in Fayetteville. GA.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or marketing or an additional 2 years of equivalent experience in project management or marketing in lieu of degree. A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and/or entertainment is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- A strong understanding of how all facets of the marketing mix can affect consumer motivation and bring about the desired actions.
- Strong project management, meeting management, multitasking, and organizational skills a must
- Able to proactively manage workload based on department priorities and understanding of areas of greatest impact
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Strong relationship building with internal and external project teams
- Able to identify and proactively manage risks and opportunities to managers as appropriate
- Ability to succeed in ever-changing and complex organization with minimal daily direction.
- Skill in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Skills in Photo Shop, Illustrator and/or InDesign are a plus
- Familiarity with project management tool such as Asana
- Personal accountability and ownership.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time for, key matches, etc.
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.