Carolina Core FC
Role: Soccer Operations Intern
Location: In Person. Non-Remote.
Reports to: Director Of Soccer Operations
This position is non-paid. College Credit available.
Misc:An applicant must either attend a North Carolina school or be a permanent North Carolina resident attending a school out of state. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Interns may work a maximum of 24 hours per week.
The Soccer Operations Intern is tasked with assisting the Director Of Soccer Operations & Coordinator of Soccer Operations in their day-to-day operations of the sporting side of the club including but not limited to all technical operations for players and staff at Truist Point Stadium & Congdon Yards club offices and to any areas pertaining to their employment with the club outside of these locations. The Soccer Operations Intern will assist with team and player operations.
The Soccer Operations Intern will also provide assistance for the process for not only incoming, but outgoing players to maximize both investment and return. The role will work alongside the Director of Soccer Operations & Coordinator of Soccer Operations to ensure a successful and smooth process when advancing in the player acquisition & ensuring a smooth transition to Carolina Core FC.
Provide a 100% in-market, on location presence at Truist Point Stadium & Club Offices at Condon Yards.
Responsibilities include but not limited to assisting with:
Providing Director of Soccer Operations & Coordinator of Soccer Operations assistance with;
- Pre, regular & post season
- All away matches
- Any and all pertaining to MLS Next Pro & Carolina Core FC Players
- In-Market requirements and needs
Truist Point Stadium
- All logistical elements pertaining to these physical locations.
- Requirements & requests when visiting team in-market including, training and additional needs as and when requested/required.
- Be present and active in all matchday activities including assisting with warm up’s and in-match/halftime needs of players and technical staff.
- Background in sport operations at the international, professional, or collegiate level.
- Meticulous with a passion for creating processes, principles, and structure.
- Relationship-based and understanding and appreciative of the demands of players and staff.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks.
- Must align with Carolina Core’s community and people-focused club culture and share in our drive for excellence, innovation, collaboration, and integrity.
- Enthusiastic about soccer, former playing experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic and initiative-taking attitude.
- Forward thinker and contributor of ideas and opinions to tasks in hand.
- High work ethic, with an ability to work both independently and part of a wider team.
- Collaborative in nature, with an efficient and effective communication style.
- Enthusiastic about building from the ground up.
- Analytical person / solution oriented.
- MLS, USL and/or NWSL experience and/or knowledge of the Triad/Core area is a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distance
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds at a time.
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Carolina Core FC is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws