Carolina Core FC
Role: Gameday Operations Intern
Location: In Person. Non-Remote.
Reports to: Director Of Soccer Operations
This position is non-paid. College Credit available.
Misc: An applicant must either attend a North Carolina school or be a permanent North Carolina resident attending a school out of state. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Interns may work a maximum of 24 hours per week.
Assist Game Operations staff in executing game-day duties and providing efficient and positive customer service experience at Truist Point Stadium’s inaugural MLS Next Pro season and beyond. The position is to be a key source of assistance to the Stadium Gameday Operations team. The Gameday Operations intern will assist with a variety of tasks within a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to assisting with:
The operations team at Truist Point Stadium with all hosted events, assisting with any and all aspects of gameday operations as possible.
The organizational philosophy of a well-functioning stadium for a professional soccer match.
Stadium management during game day preparations, i.e., assist with coordinating sponsorship activation, ensuring correct signage is placed around the stadium, ensuring premium spaces are set-up and transitioned at appropriate times, etc.
Department meetings to understand and execute our processes, principles and standards used to organize a professional soccer match.
Game day presentations and operations such as: the National Anthem, Color Guard, Military Family, half-time promotional events, coordinating giveaways, ball kids, etc.
The accreditation process.
Front-line representation of Carolina Core FC, engaging with fans and working to help foster and encourage lifelong fans.
Setup and breakdown of all professional soccer match logistics.
Post-game duties (fireworks pick-up, tarp, handing out schedules, etc.)
- Background in sport operations at the international, professional, or collegiate level.
- Meticulous with a passion for creating processes, principles, and structure.
- Relationship-based and understanding and appreciative of the demands of players and staff.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks.
- Must align with Carolina Core’s community and people-focused club culture and share in our drive for excellence, innovation, collaboration, and integrity.
- Enthusiastic about soccer, former playing experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic and initiative-taking attitude.
- Forward thinker and contributor of ideas and opinions to tasks in hand.
- High work ethic, with an ability to work both independently and part of a wider team.
- Collaborative in nature, with an efficient and effective communication style.
- Enthusiastic about building from the ground up.
- Analytical person / solution oriented.
- MLS, USL and/or NWSL experience and/or knowledge of the Triad/Core area is a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distance
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds at a time.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Carolina Core FC is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws