At TOCA Everybody Plays! We seek to transform the soccer experience by building communities that inspire everybody to play. This shared TOCA experience is the basis of a global, inclusive TOCA community in which we all share our love of the World’s most popular sport.
What makes a TOCA Teammate? An individual that seeks to...
- Play Hard
- Care Deeply
- Grow Together
- Strive for Excellence
- Create Awesome Experiences
Job Description Highlights:
Reports To: Leagues Manager
Location: Madison, WI
Compensation: $20-$40 per game
Flexible Schedule: Available on multiple nights of the week from 7pm-12am
Role Scope and Requirements:
The Soccer Referee is responsible for officiating soccer matches in a fair and consistent manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all players and coaches abide by the rules and regulations of the game, maintaining a safe and enjoyable playing environment for all participants.
- Officiate soccer matches, ensuring that all rules and regulations are followed
- Maintain control of the game by issuing warnings, cautions, and ejections as necessary
- Ensure that all players are properly equipped and ready to play
- Keep accurate records of the game, including scores, goals, and fouls
- Enforce the laws of the game and maintain a fair and consistent playing environment
- Communicate with coaches, players, and other officials to ensure that everyone understands the rules and regulations of the game
- Attend training sessions and meetings to improve knowledge of the rules and regulations of the game
- Stay up-to-date on changes to the laws of the game and other developments in soccer officiating
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- USSF Grassroots License accepted, USSF Regional License or higher preferred
- Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations of soccer
- Ability to maintain control of the game and make difficult decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with players, coaches, and other officials
- Physical ability to run up and down the field for extended periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions quickly and accurately
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- At least 21 years or older for adult leagues, must be 16 or older of youth leagues
- Referees are required to run up and down the field for extended periods of time. The work can be physically demanding, and may involve long hours, evenings, and weekends.
TOCA Football, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.