About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: People & Culture Generalist
DEPARTMENT: People & Culture (HR)
REPORTS TO: Director of People & Culture
FLSA: Full Time; Salaried-Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
The People & Culture Generalist plays a pivotal role in fostering a positive company culture aligned with the organization's mission, vision, and values. This multifaceted position involves designing and executing staffing strategies, administering life cycle onboarding, and supporting various People & Culture initiatives. This position will collaborate with hiring managers, facilitate recruitment processes, and ensure a seamless onboarding/offboarding experience. Additionally, they actively contribute to maintaining employee records, ensuring data integrity, and supporting the annual benefit renewals and open enrollment processes. This role requires a proactive approach to responding to employee inquiries and maintaining data privacy and confidentiality. The People & Culture Generalist is a key contributor to the overall success of the People team (HR) team, supporting day-to-day operations and participating in strategic projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fosters a positive company culture that aligns with the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Design and execute staffing strategies for exempt/non-exempt/associate hiring needs.
- Administer and analyze life cycle onboarding and surveys of employee experiences, making recommendations and action plans.
- Assist hiring managers with recruiting efforts as needed for part-time, seasonal, and/or hourly staff to maintain staffing levels.
- Process, track, and respond timely to background and drug screen requests following company policies.
- Lead the onboarding/offboarding process by preparing employee notices and related documentation.
- Organize and partner with department managers to complete new hire orientation and provide new employees solid company knowledge, guidance on policies and access to Company handbook(s) and resources.
- Maintain employee records per club policies, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Manage all data entry into the HRIS Management system Dayforce, ensuring high data integrity.
- Collaborate closely with all members of the People & Culture (HR) team to ensure a consistent employee experience and HR alignment on day-to-day and key projects.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Collaborates with managers to create job descriptions.
- Leads specific P&C-related projects as assigned, researching, progressing, and coordinating projects and making recommendations for future action
- Supports the annual benefit renewals and open enrollment processes in coordination with the Payroll & Benefits Manager
- Maintain data privacy and employee confidentiality.
- Respond to employee inquiries timely on a variety of People related topics.
- Assists with management of training materials and training records (SafeSport, Gold Standard Training, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City/Orlando Pride. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification, preferred. 2-5 years of experience with People & Culture (HR) administrative functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
- Excellent computer system skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality, discretion and ethics.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law practices (e.g., EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, OSHA, etc.).
- Ability to work normal office hours as well as during evenings, weekends and holidays for events.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.