ABOUT THE CLUB
Minnesota Aurora FC is a community owned women’s soccer team based in the Twin Cities with more than 3000 community owners across 48 states and 8 countries. It played in the inaugural season of the pre-professional USL W League starting and featuring the best amateur and aspiring pro players from Minnesota and across the globe. The club is operated by its founding owners, an all female coaching staff, and a small front office staff.
The Manager of Gameday Operations and Events for Minnesota Aurora FC is a full-time exempt position located in the metropolitan Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Community Driven: Our community is what makes our club special. Grassroots support is what made this club possible and it is at the core of everything we do.
Equitable: We stand for inclusion, accessibility, and equity both on and off the pitch. We will never tolerate hate, discrimination, or racism.
Bold: We believe in being creative, transparent, and fun. Doing things the way they’ve always been done doesn’t have to be the starting point.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position will handle all Gameday operations and Event operations for Minnesota Aurora FC and Minnesota Aurora FC 2.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position is responsible for all Minnesota Aurora FC events, including gameday, This position will also have direct gameday operations responsibilities and event preparation and management for Minnesota Aurora FC events.
• Serves as Facilities/Event Manager. Managing staffing needs, materials, and services requirements; organizing work crews and schedules; and overseeing facility set-up.
• Provides on-site direction and coordination to facility operations while events/activities are in progress and enforce observance of facility operating policies and procedures. Troubleshoots as necessary prior to, during, and after gameday and events.
• In conjunction with front office, provide support for outside events, camps/clinics, and event logistics, including the appropriate documentation.
• Incumbent will also be responsible for promoting the culture and objectives of Minnesota Aurora and will work to enhance the brand, support revenue generation and boost fan engagement.
• Experience in event management in a collegiate and/or professional sports setting • Knowledge of applicable safety requirements.
• Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
• Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement in the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of all rules, regulations, and policies.
• Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff and the community in a service-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
• Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its workforce and actively promotes an equitable environment.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,0000
The position will be eligible for all Minnesota Aurora benefits including but not limited to: healthcare and unlimited PTO.