Join the Team.
Kansas City Current is home to the best-in-class training facility and the first stadium built for a women’s sport team. Our organization is committed to seeing the fullest potential of our athletes and of our city.
To foster our vision, we prioritize hiring and retaining world-class talent.
We’re looking for talented individuals with diverse perspectives, skill sets, and backgrounds to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience. As leaders in women’s sports, we are excited to offer a variety of positions within our front office, stadium, and event settings. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development and invest in our employees through competitive pay, robust health care and wellness benefits, and employee resources and networking.
Who are we hiring?
The Kansas City Current is seeking an experienced Field Marketing Manager to join the marketing team. The role will oversee the field marketing activation and street teams, as they carry out brand promotion activities at community-based events, festivals, etc.
What will you do?
Include but not limited to:
· Working collaboratively across the organization to operationalize the Field Marketing division.
· Developing strategic plans to reach consumers in the KC region to build awareness and brand love for the KC Current brand.
· Guiding the strategy, planning, scheduling, and execution of events where the Current Crew will engage with fans and consumers.
· Having awareness of the community and being connected with those events & opportunities that reach our brand pillar and priorities, ultimately opening doors for events and other activation activities.
· Identifying opportunities & propose strategic initiatives & event participation based on an understanding of local market trends and brand goals/KPIs.
· Acting as the spokesperson for the KC Current brand with high energy and strong people skills. Be a brand expert, interacting with & educating consumers at scheduled activations & events
· Recruiting, training, and leading a Field Marketing team of approximately 20+ people.
· Administering day-to-day operations including team scheduling, equipment/prizing inventory management, customer surveys, goal tracking, and expense management. Manage inventory of marketing materials including shipping and storage.
· Ensuring proper execution of all branding, display, and activation elements at events.
· Partnering with Community Relations to identify CR events where Field Marketing can support efforts to engage and grow love for the Current brand in community-based, philanthropic and underserved audiences.
· Partnering with brand Social Media Manager and Community Relations team to plan, execute, and deliver high quality and engaging social media content (photos, videos, written copy suggestions) for social platforms from local field and event activations to drive engagement and growth of brand channels at a local and global level.
· Acting as a cross-functional liaison of in-market activations with the social media team to provide real-time engagement and brand storytelling opportunities through strong and reliable communication.
· Participating in regular update and planning meetings as necessary.
· Monitoring, measuring, and reporting on your team’s effectiveness through a monthly recap of events and KPIs.
· Overseeing accurate capture and reporting of consumer data & leads to appropriate Front Office teams.
· Managing and operating company vehicles, including maintenance scheduling and reporting damages or incidents immediately.
· Managing and tracking budget, corporate credit card and expenses in a timely manner.
What do you need to succeed?
· You have proven experience leading a Field Marketing team toward a brand or business priorities.
· You believe in a team-first mentality, and you thrive in a collaborative environment.
· You lead with integrity and honesty to support company culture.
· You are connected to the KC community and have strong community relationships.
Special requirements of the Job:
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· University or college level degree preferred.
· 5-8 years of experience in field marketing or branding, with a community marketing focus
· Demonstrated success in executing logistical details, including best practices, customer and employee needs, and short and long-term strategic plans.
· Proven experience of managing teams.
· Must be available to work varied days and hours (potentially nights and weekends)
· Must have a valid Driver's License, good driving record, be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable under our company’s policy.
· A strong understanding of our brand(s) visual and content aesthetics, audience, voice, and tone
· The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Great initiative, organization, and adaptability skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software
· Ability to carry 50lbs+ and meet physical demands of the job.
· Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer.
· Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distance.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time
Key Personality Traits
- Lives for the challenge, especially to the status quo
- Gets it done
- Doesn’t see obstacles, only opportunity
- Knows together is better, for team and community
- Always improving
We value diversity and seek world-class employees of all backgrounds.
The Kansas City Current values diversity and is looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, we comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.