The Tampa Bay Rowdies Communications department is seeking a director for a full-time position. This individual will lead a team of communications and community relations professionals. The departments objectives are to preserve an exceptional reputation for the Rowdies brand, increase awareness of the Rowdies, drive credibility for our club’s business and sporting operations and develop strategies for player storytelling.
- Develop and manage the Rowdies PR strategy and operations to deliver measurable growth
- Establish benchmarks for measuring PR’s and social media impact
- Lead the strategic direction, programming and execution of the Rowdies digital and social media efforts
- Manage media interview requests for players, coaches and front office
- Build strong relationships with strategic media contacts on a local, regional and national level
- Manage content process from ideation through delivery including creative briefs, treatments and distribution documents
- Have an understanding of paid social campaigns and create tactical social media plans for our internal digital team to amplify campaigns throughout the season
- Create business-related press releases to increase positive press on announcements originating within community relations, ticket sales, marketing, corporate partnerships, broadcasting, etc.
- Collaborate with department leads, including ticket sales, marketing and soccer operations to develop storylines for external use
- Manage player appearance requests, including both community and corporate appearances, from beginning to end working with the community team and also the players/coaches who are participating.
- Attend appearances with player/coaches when media will be present to ensure all needs are met
- Lead in developing long term community wide goals and indicators
- Oversee the daily activities of the communications and community development functions including budgeting, planning and staff development
- Prior sports experience in media relations or sports information
- Strong knowledge of professional soccer
- Ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Foreign language fluency favored
- Detail- and deadline-oriented
- Highly motivated and well organized
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest and familiarity with lower division soccer is a huge plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.