ob Description Summary
Sporting is seeking a strategic and visionary individual to drive social strategy across the organization. Sporting’s Social Media Manager will develop and execute a strategy for the club’s digital platforms to drive business objectives and increase brand awareness on a regional and national level.
This person should also have a passion for soccer and a proficient understanding of emerging digital trends and contribute to the company purpose of “Creating memories through personalized experiences with our Club.”
Sporting Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and equity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. We encourage all talented individuals looking for a challenge to apply.
- Develop social strategies for all of the enterprise’s social media platforms including Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park, SportingStyle, Argyle Events, and Victory Project, among others.
- Manage the Sporting Kansas City social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Threads and other emerging media platforms while making decisions that support business goals and the growth of the channels themselves.
- Develop and maintain the social calendar for owned digital/social/content platforms which aligns with business and brand objectives/initiatives.
- Collaborate with all departments on social strategy.
- Conceptualize and work closely with the marketing team on original content planning.
- Develop sponsorable assets for the corporate partnership team across all channels.
- Attend all Sporting Kansas City home matches, as well as non-soccer related events.
- Available to travel to all away matches (as needed)
- Attend Sporting Kansas City team events, including training, community outreach initiatives and sponsor activations.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Full-time associates act as representatives of Sporting Kansas City at all home matches, engaging with guests and working to create Magic Moments for all fans.
- Manage most Sporting enterprise social media accounts.
- Collaborate with a team of content creators (photographers, designers, videographers) to tell engaging stories of the match and ensure required sponsored content is captured and published.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently, demonstrating exceptional time management.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working with professional athletes.
- Strong work ethic and solution-oriented thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of creativity.
- Strong attention to detail and the strives for perfection.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Comfortable handling a demanding workload and a high level of responsibility.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Self-motivated and goal driven.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or another related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing the digital presence of a brand, sports team, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Sporting Kansas City and Major League Soccer (MLS) preferred.
- Working knowledge of design principles and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Interest, experience, and ability to negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple assignments.
- Proficient in all social media platforms including Sprout, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Threads
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required.