JOB TITLE: Part-Time Photographer
DEPARTMENT: Content, Marketing
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY and Manhattan
Compensation: $20.00/ hour, part-time
The purpose of this role is to assist the Content team in telling the story of New York City Football Club through best-in-class photography. Working with the Senior Manager, Photography & Social Media, this role will provide a unique experience to learn and participate in the behind-the-scenes of content production for a professional sports organization.
If you’re passionate about capturing the beautiful game both on and off pitch, this is a perfect opportunity to join the Club at an exciting time with New York City’s first-ever soccer specific stadium on the horizon.
Please include a portfolio link with your application.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Assist with documenting the New York City Football Club season on and off the pitch through best-in-class photography
- Assist with photographing New York City Football Club home matches and training sessions for First Team, NYCFC II, & Academy, community & marketing events, and other projects as assigned to tell the NYCFC story through photography.
- Create and contribute photography content and ideas for social media platforms
- Assist in managing photo archives, including editing, tagging, & cataloging
- Able to edit and provide efficient delivery of images in real-time to content and social team.
- Able to work independently, take initiative, and maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment.
- Follow brand guideline specifications and ensure consistency on quality during production.
- Must be able to follow instructions and learn from constructive criticism when given.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Enthusiasm and passion for sports action, lifestyle, and portrait photography.
- Experience operating Canon Camera systems.
- Experience with photo-editing via Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, etc.).
- Knowledge of current and emerging social platforms.
- Must have excellent communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Basic knowledge of soccer is highly suggested.
- Experience capturing live entertainment professionally to tight deadlines.
- Studio lighting experience is a benefit but not required.
- Additional language/s is a plus.
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- Director, Content
- Senior Manager, Photography & Content
- Social Media Manager
- Cross-functional departments – comms, commercial, sporting
- Fan sites, Supporters’ clubs and fans
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Four complimentary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City Football Club (NYCFC), we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club has qualified for the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the last seven consecutive seasons, winning the MLS Cup in 2021. Games are broadcast through MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and Major League Soccer that will have every match of the MLS regular season, Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and Leagues Cup all in one place and with no blackouts. NYCFC’s combined 3.3 million social media following across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter is the second-highest among MLS clubs. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/.
New York City Football Club is also one of 11 clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK, Espérance Sportive Troyes AC and Palermo FC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.