Position: Ticket Office Administrator
Location: The Valley Stadium, Floyd Road SE7
Hours: FTE Mon-Fri + matchdays
Charlton Athletic Football Club is an English professional association football club based in Charlton, south-east London. The club was founded on June 9th, 1905 and has a very storied history from rising to the top-flight of English Football in the 1930s (First Division) and again in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, to winning the FA Cup in 1947 and to leaving their Valley home in the mid-1980s only to make an impassioned return in 1992. Historically, the women's team played under Charlton Athletic from 2000 to 2007 but were released to become an independently run team in 2007 following the men's team's relegation from the Premier League.
The women's team were originally formed as a non-professional team in 1991 and were highly successful in the early 2000s winning The FA Cup, the League Cup, and the Charity Shield, as well as coming runners-up in the top division in multiple seasons. In February 2021, the club acquired the Charlton Athletic Women's team, turning the team full-time professional, and integrating them to become one club again.
Currently, our men's first team competes in League One, the third tier of English football, and our women's team competes in the Women’s Championship, the second highest division of women's football in England. At Charlton, we are ‘one club’ and can be truly described as a ‘family club’.
The purpose of this role is to be the first point of contact for supporters. The ticket office services all football related enquiries/requests from fans/members facilitating all ticket sales, collections, memberships, travel and general queries. The position is responsible for some ticket administration and processes for the department which will include our group booking offer.
- Liaise with other football clubs with regards to their ticket requirements.
- Fulfilment of online ticket purchases
- Assist in ticket office administration such as internal mailouts
- To act as a telephone advisor regarding the sales of home and away match tickets, season tickets, memberships, Fan Engagement products and coach travel and deal with queries relating to ticket office products as appropriate.
- To fulfil all of the duties above in a client facing environment via the ticket window as and when required and specifically on matchdays.
- To proactively sell season ticket packages and other ticket office products through upselling additional opportunities if and when the situation arises.
- Keep up to date and ensure quality of data entry into the clubs central database.
- Ensure a high level of customer service at all times
- Ensure knowledge of products is accurate and up to date.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other team office members of staff.
- Assist the Ticket Office Manager with duties appropriate to the position and post holder’s skill set and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of dealing with and managing multiple queries;
- Experience of working within the sports stadia or events industry;
- Be self-driven and motivated with a can-do attitude and desire to go the “Extra Mile” and make a real difference;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work calm under pressure;
- This a full-time role that includes work on weekends and evenings;
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health and safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are core to our values as a club. Charlton is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Note: Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
To Apply: Please send a copy of your CV as well as a covering letter explaining why you want to apply for this placement to: https://cafc.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=52bf543f-d837-4738-8dc1-5f3a1b810136