Here at Fleetwood Town Football Club, we have a new position available for a highly motivated and enthusiastic First Team Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist to join the team based at our state-of-theart training complex in Thornton – Cleveleys.
The role will ensure the delivery of effective injury prevention and treatment strategies throughout the first team squad in conjunction with the Sports Science and Strength & Conditioning department.
Established in 1997, Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire. The team compete in EFL 1, the third tier of English football. The home ground is Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood, and its training ground is Poolfoot Farm, in Thornton-Cleveleys.
Poolfoot Farm was officially unveiled by the great Sir Alex Ferguson on 20th April 2016 and is home to 16 football pitches both artificial and natural grass, an elite performance building, gymnasium, playground and a destination restaurant. The site offers football for all areas of the game from grassroots through to the elite 1st team squad.
Key Responsibilities (But not limited to):
• To work daily with the first team players to limit time loss through injury and to enable optimal transfer of training into match day performances
• To work with the Head of Physiotherapy to deliver accurate assessment, diagnosis, prognosis, and efficient and effective rehabilitation for players who have sustained injury
• To liaise with other club physiotherapists, club doctors, club paramedical consultants, masseurs, and external healthcare professionals for the adequate provision of suitable care for the Fleetwood Town 1st team
• To ensure that full physical screening and physiotherapy records are kept in accordance with the CSP/SST/BASRaT standards
• To contribute to the daily provision of daily preparation of first team and players for training
• To assist with match-day preparation for first team fixtures as required including emergency injury care
• Travel with the 1st team squad to away matches and overseas training camps.
• BSc (hons) degree in Physiotherapy
• Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Sports Therapist and must be registered with the SST
• Sports rehabilitator and must be registered with BASRaT
• Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation
• Experience of working as a Physiotherapist within an elite sporting environment
• Extensive experience of advanced resuscitation and emergency aid procedures in elite sportCurrent ATMMIF or equivalent qualification
• Experience of working pitch side in sport
• An MSc or working toward in a related sports medicine field.
• Confident communicator with a can-do attitude
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
• Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
• Committed to achieving the agreed objectives
• Flexible and willingness to learn and develop.