Summary of Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Laundry Assistant.
Based at the Club’s Training Ground in Wetherby, the Laundry Assistant will work alongside the
current Laundry Team, helping wash, launder and clean all kit for the Club.
In liaison with the Kit Manager, the Laundry Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the Kit team have all required kit needed for the Academy and first team in a timely manner and for all games and training.
About The Company:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football's great theatres and is ‘the only place for us’ ever since.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Washing and Launder of match kit, training kit and staff kit
- Liaise with the Kit Manager/Kit team on all matters concerning kit, laundry, etc
- Assist the Kit Team to ensure all the requirements for players and coaches are met
- Launder and pack all age group match kit requirements and liaise with the Academy Administrator/Kit Manager/Kit Team in a timely manner
- Making up of player and staff training kit packs for training
- Check all the kit back into laundry after usage and ensure kit is promptly cleaned and
packed away safely and securely.
- Contribute to maintenance by reporting any laundry machinery faults and book in repair
- Report any missing/damaged kit to the Kit Team/Kit Manager and report discrepancies to the Kit Manager.
- Load and unload clean/used laundry from company vehicles
- Ensure the Kit/Laundry room is kept in a neat, tidy, organised and clean state as required by
Health & Safety regulations
- Maintain accurate records of all laundry
- To develop a sound working knowledge of safeguarding children regulations, including legislation & governing body rules.
- Changing of laundry cleaning products and cylinder for clothing dryers
- Ordering laundry consumables as required
- Adhering to safe working practises with chemicals in line with COSHH regulations
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous laundry experience in a professional sport environment
- Experience of using industrial/commercial laundry equipment
What we look for in a team member:
- Inspires others and is a positive role model
- Is personable and able to connect and build relationships with others easily
- Demands high standards and has an attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively under own initiative and also as a member of a team.
- Hands on approach with a can do attitude.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and unsociable hours.
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
Equality & Diversity:
As we are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of 'safeguarding is everybody's responsibility'.