Job Title: Stadium Safety Manager (Casual)
Department: Venue Operations
Reporting: Head of Safety & Security
Location: Gtech Community Stadium, Wheatsheaf Park Stadium, Training Ground
Salary: £24.81 - £33.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Brentford FC is a bit different to other Premier League football clubs. We put our fans first, we are a true community club and while we are financially sustainable, we are not afraid to take calculated risks. We take huge pride in our environment and culture within the Club which focuses on development, inclusion and not being afraid to think differently.
Being progressive, humble and respectful while sticking together as one team across the Club guides how we work and the decisions we make each day.
We also firmly believe that a diverse workforce is a better workforce which will help us develop ideas, solve problems and ultimately grow Brentford FC.
We play in a brand-new stadium, 15 minutes from Heathrow in vibrant west London.
We will never forget where we have come from, but we are excited about the future that lies ahead.
Come join us.
Brentford FC is an organisation which values and is passionate about diversity and inclusivity. Whilst our recruitment decisions are always based on merit and suitability, we welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates, including those from underrepresented groups – such as those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, women, those from the LGBTQ+ community and those with disabilities.
Brentford FC is committed to equality, the safeguarding and welfare of all children and adults at risk. This responsibility is shared by all staff and volunteers at the club, safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Staff will be required to undertake regular safeguarding training to enable and reinforce a proactive approach to safeguarding. This role requires the post holder to apply all relevant policies and uphold the club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people to ensure a safe environment for all. This includes the timely reporting of any safeguarding concern to the safeguarding team.
At Brentford FC we want everyone to feel valued and included. Therefore, we will do what we can to support applicants with disabilities and long-term health conditions as part of our application process. If you require any adjustments or support, please contact us on email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements in line with the Equality Act 2010.
• Ensure that you report for duty on time.
• Adhere to the Stadium dress code.
• Deliver pre and post-match briefings.
• Supervise the steward supervisor and stewards in the respective stand.
• Complete pre-match assessment of the stand to enable the ingress of spectators
• Complete all required paperwork relating to stewards, safety and other administrative duties.
• Know and ensure the stewards know the location of and be able to operate effectively, if safe to do so, the fire-fighting equipment at the ground.
• Know and ensure the stewards know the location of the First Aid Rooms and any First Aid Equipment kept elsewhere in the Stadium.
• Coherent and cohesive use of a two way radio ensuring any users within their area also use the radio in the same manner.
• Ensure the staff working within the stand offer spectators an enjoyable experience by being polite, answering any queries they may have.
• Be fully conversant with any methods or coded messages used to alert staff that an Emergency has arisen.
• Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to the Operations Staff.
• Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer or a Police Officer.
• Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence amongst Spectators, reporting their findings to the Operations Team.
• Monitor Spectators throughout the Stadium for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions.
• Prevent overcrowding by ensuring the Spectator limits in various parts of the Stadium are complied with.
• Prevent Spectators, as far as possible, from climbing fences and other structures and from standing on seats.
• Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear at all times.
• Ensure staff cover all entrances and exits.
• Report to the Operations team any damage that is likely to pose a threat to Spectator safety e.g. a damaged seat.
• Conduct incident management procedures and advise the Operations Team of an ejections, refusals or potential arrest related matters.
• Assist in the prevention of a pitch incursion/invasion.
• Assist as required in the evacuation of the Stadium.
• Assist in the identification of Spectators who are banned from the Stadium or who do not possess tickets or who are in possession of forged tickets.
• Assist in the prevention of breaches of the Ground Regulations.
• Develop an excellent knowledge of the geographical layout of the Stadium(s) in which you are employed, in particular, exit and entry routes and to know the emergency evacuation messages as relevant to all areas of the stadium.
• Ensure stand sweeps are carried out pre and post match reporting issues raised in the debrief.
• Manage staff ensure no unnecessary breaks are taken once the stadium is open.
• Be the lead in their area for any safeguarding incidents once they have completed the necessary training module.
• Support the Safety Teams at other venues when required.
• Manage the club standards during events held at stadiums.
Previous experience of managing Spectators and supervising stewards at sporting events either in a crowd safety role or in another acceptable capacity is preferable but not essential as training is a legal requirement and will be provided.
General Club Accountabilities