Position Title: Match Day Operations Coordinator (MDOC), League1 Ontario
Position Term: 2024 Season, April to September
Location: Venues Across Ontario, as assigned
League1 Ontario (L1ON) is actively searching for ambitious individuals, who are passionate about the field of sport and event management, and who want to apply their knowledge and skills to Ontario’s only Standards Based High Performance Senior Soccer League.
Canadian Soccer Business, (CSB), the entity that owns and operates L1ON, is an innovative partnership enterprise that represents all commercial inventory of Canada Soccer, the Canadian Premier League (CPL), L1ON and League1 BC.
L1ON was launched in 2014, with a Women’s Division added in 2015. It now features twenty-seven (27) license holders and more than 130 teams participating in official L1ON competition in the 2024 season.
L1ON is seeking applicants for the Match Day Operations Coordinator (MDOC) position for the 2024 season.
This is a part-time position.
The MDOC will ensure standards compliance and quality assurance for L1ON License Holders and provide support to the L1ON Communications Team, with the goal of providing an outstanding match day experience for players, coaches, match officials and fans, both in venue and online.
KEY DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Standards Compliance and Quality Assurance:
In the 90 minutes prior to kickoff, the MDOC will serve as the league appointed liaison for the home
team’s Game Day Manager and the appointed Match Officials, as well as both team’s coaching staffs.
They will ensure that all facility and match day standards are being met.
The MDOC will be responsible for providing match updates via Twitter and other social media platforms, The MDOC will also be responsible for updating the L1ON competition management system during the match (statistics, score updates, etc.) and will be responsible for ensuring that all statistical data captured on the 4th Official Match Forms are identical to the data added to the competition management system.
Following each match, the MDOC will complete a brief match report for the L1ON Communications Department which will summarize key information about the match, and which identifies the “Three Stars” for each team for each match, as voted on by each team’s coaches. These reports may include
content from brief interviews with coaches and players. The communications department will provide MDOCs with a template for this task.
The MDOC is also required to complete a Match Day Standards Compliance summary report, which is submitted to the L1ON League Administrator.
Additional duties, as required:
• Main point of contact in the event the match must be delayed or suspended
• Primary point of contact for TV production staff if/when a match is being broadcast
• Main point of contact in the event of any sort of emergency
• A keen eye for detail to ensure League1 Ontario standards are being met
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
• A self-motivated team player with effective interpersonal skills
• Time management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work on weekends, although some mid-week assignments may be required
• Event management experience is an asset
• Sport journalism experience is an asset
• Knowledge of the sport of soccer is an asset
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a requirement
• All MDOC’s will receive the necessary training to successfully execute their role.
• Training will take place on April 7, 2024, at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan, ON
• Successful applicants will be required to attend training as a condition of employment
• $85.00 / match.
• Shift length is approximately four (4) hours, not including travel to and from the venue
• MDOCs will be provided L1ON branded clothing to be worn on match days
• All MDOCs must provide own laptop computer with ability to connect to Wi-Fi and a data enabled cellular phone with audio and video recording capabilities in order to fulfill the expectations of this role properly.