Reporting organisationally to the Senior Manager for Language Services, the Audiovisual Accessibility Manager will be a key member of the FIFA26 People, Technology & Operations team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Language Centre and other key individuals responsible for delivering the most engaging, innovative, multilingual and accessible World Cup experience for all athletes, fans, partners and the community.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Audiovisual Accessibility Manager for the FIFA World Cup 26™ (FWC 2026) include:
• being the first point of contact for managerial/consulting support for subtitling requests and requirements relating to the FWC 2026 placed by the FIFA26 Inc. team and other FIFA stakeholders;
• launching subtitling requests in FIFA’s translation management system (XTM), clarifying beforehand, if necessary, the requirements with the FIFA Subtitling Service Team in Zurich/the requesters and allocating the relevant resources;
• performing specific technical and linguistic subtitling tasks at the request of the FIFA Subtitling Service Team;
• reporting regularly to the FIFA Subtitling Service Team in Zurich to ensure the smooth handover of projects;
• in coordination with the FWC 2026 Project Leader for Subtitling and ADC in Zurich, establishing the subtitling and audio description plans for the projects related to the FWC 2026 in order to strengthen FIFA’s subtitling and audiovisual accessibility services vendor network in the NASA zone;
• helping to define, manage and optimize the strategy and processes for subtitling, audio description and other audiovisual accessibility services related to the FWC 2026;
• contributing to the assessment of the current legal framework regarding audiovisual accessibility in the three host countries;
• supporting the FIFA Subtitling Service Team in Zurich with the expansion of the existing pool of freelancers and network in the NASA region and
• participating in budgeting processes, cost estimations and controlling the spending.