The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.
Reporting organisationally to the Executive Director of Operational Services and working strongly in conjunction with the Language Centre, the Senior Manager Language Services/Translation Project Manager will be a key member of the FIFA26 Language Centre team, and work in close collaboration with FIFA Zurich key collaborators and other key individuals responsible for delivering the most engaging, innovative, multilingual and accessible World Cup experience for all athletes, fans, partners, and the community.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Language Services Senior Manager/Translation Project Manager for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Defining the language services strategy and the business needs for the World Cup with the approval of the Head of Language Centre in Zurich
- Managing and supervising the language services provided by the FIFA26 office to all stakeholders
- Handling any issues that arise in connection with the language services provided by the FIFA26 office or in connection with the FWC 2026.
- Liaising with the Head of the Language Centre in Zurich and reporting on daily business (e. g. requests processed) to them
- Ensuring a smooth collaboration and efficient processes between FIFA and the FIFA26 office in connection with the language services provided
- Identifying and using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in delivering the language services. Clear focus should be the use of AI to streamline processes and increase productivity
- Strengthening FIFA's translation vendor network in the NASA zone
- Being the first point of contact for language requests placed by the FWC2026 US Inc. team and other FIFA stakeholders
- Handling requests in FIFA's translation management system
- Coordinating large multilingual projects comprise of several requests (CMS/CXM, apps, publications), occasionally managing different teams (developers, graphic designers, desktop publishers)
- Monitoring and controlling translation requests
- Bachelor's degree or similar level of education in translation/localisation/language technology studies
- Minimum five years' experience as a translation/localisation project manager working with a state-of-the-art translation management system
- Minimum two years' experience as a translation/localisation project manager working with Trados
- Minimum two years' experience as a translation/localisation project manager managing complex workflows involving graphic design and/or desktop publishing
- Minimum two years experience managing a team
- Native speaker of English (US or Canadian English)
- Very good command of Spanish and/or French is an asset
- Knowledge of any additional language is an asset
- Excellent command of Trados Studio
- Proficient in working with at least one state-of-the-art translation management system (e.g. XTM, Plunet, XTRF, Smartling, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe InCopy
- XTM knowledge is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and planning software and online collaboration tools