We have exciting opportunity available for a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual, to undertake a full-time role as our new Academy Head of Sports Science & Medicine.
The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport.
To lead the Sports Science & Medical provision for all Academy players, being the line manager for all S&C & (Physio)Therapist Academy staff.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To lead the Academy Performance Team to plan, deliver and support the physical and medical provision for all Academy players (U9 – U21)
- To operate within a wider club structure, offering operative services to individual and teams of players across the club
- To lead the Performance department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines, taking the lead on auditory services on behalf of the Academy
- Contribute to the professional development of the Academy Performance department, ensuring the department continues to innovate and find strategic ways of improving
- Ensure the physical & medical progress of players is recorded daily on PMA
- Be an innovative leader
- Lead on the collection and data usage to impact player development
- Lead the medical department for the treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily (U9-U23)
- To lead on and undertake regular CPD and training relevant for the role to progress the Performance department.
- Create robust processes for the acute treatment of players through to return to play, ensuring consistency across all staff in the department
- Lead on staff and player education
- Promote an holistic approach when working with individuals’ teams on physical development and performance
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
- To assist the Elite Performance Team with the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required
- To provide support for the Elite Performance Team (1st team) when required for training/ match days.