About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Title: Security Guard Part Time, FOH
Department: Team Operations
Reports to: Security Lead
FLSA: Part Time; Non-Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
We are looking for an honest, attentive, and perceptive individual to join our Security team. You will be responsible for securing the Exploria Stadium and protecting the Club’s property, guests, staff, and players. You ensure safety while promoting and enforcing security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Patrol the Exploria Stadium property to monitor and prevent intrusion, damage, hazards and breaches of security.
· Lock and unlock doors and walks facilities.
· Provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security
· Monitor activity throughout the facilities via closed circuit television.
· Respond appropriately to emergencies that arise including, but not limited to, fire alarm and burglar alarm.
· Monitor access to the venue on both event-day and non-event day.
· Detect and confront unauthorized persons and violators of security procedures.
· Contact relevant authorities to deal with unlawful or irregular activities.
· Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner
· Write reports, report any malfunctions, misconduct or operational and safety issues.
· Interview victims and witnesses and write incident reports as necessary.
· Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
· Implement the prescribed emergency plan in case of emergency
· Assist with the development and implementation of public safety plans for day-to-day operations and special events.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent.
· Some college studies in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field or military experience is preferred.
· Six (6) months to one (1) year security experience preferably in a similar environment
· Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese is preferred.
· Excellent aptitude to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check and employment verification.
· Must have a valid FL driver license with a Class D endorsement.
· Appropriate credentials as mandated by State, County or local law.
· Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
· Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to walk, run, kneel and climb stair and react fast to unpredictable situations.
· This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
· Prolonged periods of sitting, and monitoring surveillance equipment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.