JOB TITLE: Football Insights Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Sporting Department
REPORTING TO: Director, Player Personnel & Analysis
LOCATION: City Football Academy (Orangeburg, New York)
The Football Insights Analyst is an important member of the sporting department that is responsible for providing data-driven insights that support strategic decision-making processes across the Football Performance, Human Performance, and Talent Management disciplines. This position requires an individual with strong data visualization skills and the ability to derive and communicate actionable insights from football data.
The Football Insights Analyst works in a team composed of the Director, Player Personnel and Analysis, the Head of Performance Analysis, the First Team Performance Analyst, and the NYCFC II Performance Analyst. The Football Insights Analyst should have flexibility to work differing hours on a weekly basis (e.g. weekends and holidays). Depending on the needs of the team, this position may occasionally be required to travel (e.g. during preseason).
- Director, Player Personnel and Analysis; Performance Analysts
- Performance Director; Head of Sports Science
- Football Intelligence (Global Football, City Football Group)
- Head of Rehabilitation; Head Athletic Trainer
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Develop impactful and engaging tools that enhance our proprietary insights platform and reduce time to insight.
Demonstrate data-oriented approaches to short, medium, and long-term projects across sporting disciplines (Football Performance, Human Performance, and Talent Management).
Contribute to the growth of our data-forward environment by assisting in the continued education and upskilling of the analytical capabilities of football staff.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Very strong expertise in utilizing Tableau to drive actions & decision-making with clear visuals.
- Ability to understand the unique challenges of different sporting disciplines and deliver effective solutions.
- Evidence of deriving and clearly communicating actionable insights from football performance data.
- Creative problem solver with the drive and discipline to learn and develop new skills.
- Curiosity, imagination, and creativity in designing solutions to football performance challenges.
- Ability to work in an agile manner suited to the innovative and fast-paced nature of professional sport.
- Experience working and communicating in a professional sport environment, particularly football.
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data-sources.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with Python, R, or other programming languages.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azure Data Factory, AWS data pipelines, etc.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish.
This exempt position has an estimated annual base salary range of $60,000 to $70,000. Final compensation offer amounts are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors such as certifications and software expertise. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City Football Club (NYCFC), we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club has qualified for the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the last seven consecutive seasons, winning the MLS Cup in 2021. Games are broadcast through MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and Major League Soccer that will have every match of the MLS regular season, Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and Leagues Cup all in one place and with no blackouts. NYCFC’s combined 3.3 million social media following across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter is the second-highest among MLS clubs. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/.
New York City Football Club is also one of 11 clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK, Espérance Sportive Troyes AC and Palermo FC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.