Part of the Haslam Sports Group portfolio, the Columbus Crew is seeking a Paralegal to assist the Haslam Sports Group legal team and perform a variety of duties for the Columbus Crew, including in high-volume transactional legal matters, as well as litigation and risk management matters. Responsibilities will include contract and intellectual property portfolio management, document collection, file maintenance, and the preparation of reports, presentations, and training materials. The Paralegal will also help facilitate administrative tasks for the legal team.
Haslam Sports Group is a values-driven organization committed to unifying people through sports and entertainment. We aim to bring our fans and our communities best-in-class experiences and teams that consistently deliver results. We give back to our region to drive positive change as stewards of true community assets.
- Manage contracts and contract lifecycles including template development, support for drafting and redlining contracts, and managing contract execution and filing.
- Provide support for a variety of internal business departments, including but not limited to, corporate partnerships, events, sales and service, consumer products, and the content and brand departments.
- Build handbooks, processes, guides, checklists and other materials to support the Crew soccer and business teams and create legal support efficiencies.
- Manage intellectual property lifecycle and portfolios.
- Summarize contracts and/or provide contractual information and rights analysis in response to business requests
- Assists in the preparation of corporate governance documents and materials, including minutes, resolutions, and written consents.
- Assists legal team with litigation management, including document collection, litigation hold process, and preparation of due-diligence materials, documents, presentations, exhibits, charts, and diagrams.
- Assists with investigation management, whether internal or external in defense of claims, including coordinating interviews and collection of documents.
- Assists in administrative tasks including calendaring, scheduling meetings and events, managing carrier and messaging services, and drafting and proofreading communications for the legal team.
- Acts as the administrative liaison for internal teams concerning legal administration of above matters.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Corporate Paralegal experience.
- Paralegal Certificate or completion of paralegal degree program preferred.
- Previous experience with corporate contracts required.
- Previous experience with corporate governance, intellectual property, and/or Major League Soccer policies and guidelines preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all levels (internally and externally).
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly process workflow and prioritize, organize, and perform a challenging workload under tight deadlines.
- Team player with ability to work both independently and collaboratively and actively demonstrate a commitment to prompt and thorough client service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (focused largely on Outlook, Word, and Excel)