U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Account Executive, Ticket Sales role will generate revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face-to-face appointments, prospecting, and networking. This position will report to the Manager of Ticket sales and work together with other ticket sales Account Executives and the U.S. Soccer Federation on ticket sales initiatives and campaigns. This position will focus on revenue generation across all the Senior National Team-controlled matches and select events. The primary sellable products include group and premium ticket packages. This position is responsible for annual and monthly new revenue goals.
- Generate revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face-to-face appointments, prospecting, and networking
- Sales inventory includes but is not limited to premium ticket packages, suites, and group packages
- Aggressively prospect and research new sales leads to build your book of business
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals established by our Sales Management Team
- Record all activity and sales pipeline details in the CRM system
- Provide superior customer service to clients, existing Insiders, prospects, groups, and single-game customers
- Be present at select matches to establish new relationships, and help manage the matchday duties
- Attend team and community events for the purpose of making new connections and maximizing sales opportunities
- Additional tasks as requested by supervisors.
- Solicit new group and premium sales opportunities for each controlled Senior National Team match
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly call and revenue goals
- Research and build out a market-by-market database of group and premium sales leads
- Work with the entire ticketing team to craft match-by-match sellable group experiences
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience, preferably in the sports or entertainment industries
- Demonstrate a consistent, successful track record in hitting ticket sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to record 100+ calls per day
- Ability to prospect, establish, research, and close ticket sales leads through cold-calling, face-to-face appointments, and networking
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Experience with Ticketmaster Archtics is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel across the United States and Internationally as needed for matches
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with management, staff, contractors, partners and the public
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow while delivering high-quality work
- Excellent communication and organization skills, both oral and written
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Takes action and shows initiative; Displays a can-do attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able and willing to travel as needed
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, preferred)
- Experience working in sports, preferably soccer.
- Ability to multitask various call campaigns while maintaining call volume standards
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.