The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.
Reporting organisationally to the Director Event Technology Operations, the Technology Equipment Allocation and Asset Manager will be a key member of the FIFA26 Technology team, and work in close collaboration with the Technology teams based in Canada, Mexico and Zurich and other key individuals responsible for designing and delivering the process for all Technology assets required for the FIFA Men's World Cup 2026™. This includes developing and implementing the processes in alignment with key stakeholders to ensure all assets are captured, assigned and distributed.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Technology Equipment Allocation and Asset Manager for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
• Develop in close collaboration with key stakeholders to overall Technology equipment allocation processes to ensure requirements are captured and assigned as per user requirements
• Plan and lead the technology needs assessments (Technology Equipment Allocation Process) and plan the delivery of suitable end-user technology equipment and services to all FIFA World Cup 2026 departments and FIFA constituent groups, including hardware, services, and consumables.
• Maintain and control the TEAP database in order to guarantee a single source of information. Considering the maintenance of the Products and Services Catalog together with FIFA IT
• Lead the asset tracking and management of deployed equipment.
• Ensure, together with the infrastructure team, the correct collection of requirements during alignment meetings with Key Functional areas, such as Media and Broadcast
• Assist the wider Technology team in understanding the Product Catalog and requirements, working together to guarantee the delivery of services to the Functional Areas
• Develop monitoring Dashboards to provide input to Technology Senior Management meetings.
• Be able to carry out analyses to ensure that Venues have the necessary equipment and maintain uniformity of requirements between Venues.
• Manage the balance between Demand and equipment inventory throughout the Project, monitoring the Procurement process for assets or sending them from other FIFA offices, ensuring availability at the correct time.
• University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
• PowerBI and PowerApps experience is an asset
• Extensive knowledge of venue technology services across major sporting events
• A minimum experience of 8 years overall IT experience and minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar role
• Experience in the Sports / major event industry
• Proven track record of successful delivery of complex Telecom Infrastructure Projects
• Experience in Management of distributed international team of telecom experts and professional
• Fluent in English
• Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools