Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes.
The dedicated International Development Coach will be responsible for planning and delivery of Global Football Development (GFD) programmes aligned to the partnership agreements with each GFD partner. The post holder will ensure that the Global Football Development coaching methodology and philosophy is brought to life for players, coaches, and partners in-market. A large part of this role will be supporting the development of local players and coaches.
This position will be a split role between London and selected GFD international programmes & markets which when required includes extensive travel as directed by the line manager to deliver GFD programmes/partnerships. Depending on the project you could be travelling to Europe, Asia-Pacific, USA, Australia, and NZ. Due to the nature of this role, you may be required to work outside of regular working hours including evenings and weekends.
- Deliver a structured coaching programme aligned with the Global Football Development coaching syllabus/coaching cycle, ensuring players are developed technically, tactically, physically, and socially based on the Global Football Development philosophy.
- Act as a positive GFD ambassador in all forms of delivery. This will include various delivery formats such as classroom workshops and leading at GFD events/activation.
- To support the identification, analysis, and development of GFD’s player pathways across international projects.
- Research current trends of coaching and continually look for ways to develop and improve your own coaching and best practice within all Global Football Development programmes.
- Support the development of programme specific resources as directed by the Player & Coach Development Manager to deliver world class activation in key GFD markets.
- Attend regular meetings with key stakeholders’ staff to support the Player & Coach Development Manager to ensure that priorities are clear and identified targets are being met.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including fellow coaches, partnership staff and programme participants.
- To work effectively with nominated partnership staff to support the implementation, growth, and development of the programme, whilst ensuring all programmes have legacy and/or sustainable outcomes in-market.
- Work towards completing and responding to various administrative tasks within set deadlines by line manager to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Build and develop positive working relationships with GFD markets to support the planning, delivery, and review processes for all forms of activation to ensure smooth arrival/departure in- markets as well as world class delivery.
- Support the completion of monthly programme updates and case studies to Global Football Development Manager, highlighting programme achievements, attendance figures and programme progression.
- Support the monitoring and reporting process to demonstrate programme performance against set targets and performance indicators.
- Complete all relevant VISA processes and documentation in a timely manner to ensure smooth travel to/from international markets.
- Attend all GFD activation/events internationally and domestically – including supporting the delivery key GFD events domestically when in the UK.
- Ensure alignment and awareness of all GFD pathways to actively promote and support individuals towards other GFD International and Domestic programmes where applicable.
- Act as an ambassador for THFC to always promote the organisation in a positive manner. This will also include a significant amount of public speaking and media to promote GFD’s vision and objectives, as well as any key communication from GFD partners.
- Host GFD guests, partners, and participants during any domestic/international visits. This may also include attending Men’s/Women’s First Team fixtures and representing THFC at any event as directed by the Player & Coach Development Manager.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Club policies.
- Understand and comply with the Club’s health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to the Global Football Development Coaching Code of Conduct.
- Promote, adhere to, and implement the Club’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Attend all Global Football Development in-service training events when required.
- Act as Head Coach (or support) International Group Days, Half Term and/or other Global Football Development programmes when based within the UK market.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas.
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates, and works well within a team environment.
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible.
- Alert – attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations.
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment, particularly when travelling to culturally different international markets.
- Able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility, and thinking logically.
- Reliable – be able to commit to scheduled programmes and to be punctual.
- Passionate - taking great pride and enthusiasm in your work.
- Fantastic personal skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- UEFA B (minimum)
- Level 2 FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) Qualification FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
- Sport Science (or equivalent) Degree
- Experience of coaching on community-based programmes with boys and girls of 5-18 years and of mixed abilities
- Experience of managing and developing partnerships/events with FA’s, sports clubs, schools, businesses, and the local community
- International coaching experience, ranging from development to elite level. Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate and able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- UEFA A License
- Any previous experience of working in Asia or outside of the UK.
- Any previous experience of working with corporate partners and the media.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with child’s barred list along with various background, right to work and reference checks.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.