Premier League Kicks Football Coach
L2 - £12.50ph
L3 - £15.00ph
Location: Harrow, Hillingdon, Watford and St Albans
Contract: Sessional / Zero-hour contract
Kicks is the Premier League’s flagship community programme which is designed to engage young people aged 8-18 years old, of all backgrounds and abilities with football, sport and personal development activities across Harrow, Hillingdon, Watford and St Albans.
You will be working with our committed PL Kicks team to build a stronger, safer and more inclusive environment within the community.
We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or beliefs or sexual orientation.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Plan and deliver inspiring, interactive, and engaging Sport and Youth Club sessions for young people from 8-18 years old
- Provide a safe and fun environment for young people to meet new friends, develop skills and improve their mental and physical well-being
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with young people, parents, staff, and local partners
- Encourage young people to take advantage of volunteering opportunities and social action projects to give back to the local community
- Select suitable young people to represent the Community Trust in Tournaments and Events
- Help to break down barriers between young people and the police
- Support the education of young people on current issues through workshops and youth forums
You Must have:
- FA Level 1 qualification.
- In-date First Aid and Safeguarding qualifications.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with young people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, always looking for solutions to problems or issues.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to make a difference within the community.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to adapt to different age groups and stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Trust commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
You ideally have:
- A recognised Youth Work Qualification
- A Mental Health First Aid Qualification
- Introduction To Coaching Football or Equivalent
- Proven track record of working with hard-to-reach young people.
- Understanding of and a commitment to health & safety, equal opportunities and data protection policies and procedures.
- Understand the importance of and deliver best practice when working with hard-to-reach young people.
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle.
- A flexible approach to work and be able to work unsociable hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Watford Football Club’s Community Sports and Education Trust is a registered charity that has been proudly supporting people and communities for over thirty years, as originally established by Graham Taylor OBE and Sir Elton John. We continue this legacy today by engaging people of all ages and backgrounds through high-quality community-based initiatives and services.
Our Vision: Improving lives, enhancing communities.
Our Mission: Making a positive difference for all through sport, physical activity, and learning.
Our Values: To be honest, reliable, and trustworthy - Integrity. To be inclusive in all our decision-making - Inclusivity. To be bold and creative in the way we work - Innovation.
Our Culture: We are a values-based and vision-driven charity, who put our people and our beneficiaries at the heart of everything we do and why we do it.
Benefits of Working for Us
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are determined to utilise the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Friendly working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investors in People accreditation
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Staff kit
- On-site parking available
- Free use of our gyms at both of our community centres.
Our Commitment to You
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a
role to play, to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.