Position: Academy Driver
Location: CAFC Training Ground, Sparrows Lane.
Hours: Zero Hour Contract
Charlton Athletic Football Club is an English professional association football club based in Charlton, south-east London. The club was founded on June 9th, 1905 and has a very storied history from rising to the top-flight of English Football in the 1930s (First Division) and again in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, to winning the FA Cup in 1947 and to leaving their Valley home in the mid-1980s only to make an impassioned return in 1992. Historically, the women's team played under Charlton Athletic from 2000 to 2007 but were released to become an independently run team in 2007 following the men's team's relegation from the Premier League.
The women's team were originally formed as a non-professional team in 1991 and were highly successful in the early 2000s winning The FA Cup, the League Cup, and the Charity Shield, as well as coming runners-up in the top division in multiple seasons. In February 2021, the club acquired the Charlton Athletic Women's team, turning the team full-time professional, and integrating them to become one club again.
Currently, our men's first team competes in League One, the third tier of English football, and our women's team competes in the Women’s Championship, the second highest division of women's football in England. At Charlton, we are ‘one club’ and can be truly described as a ‘family club’.
The purpose of this role is to offer casual transport support for our Academy players.
As a member of our Transport Team you will support the department by offering transport services in Club provided transport to our young Academy players, to and from training fixtures, accommodation and other CAFC events whilst ensuring the welfare of all passengers is maintained at all times. Ensuring passengers are collected and dropped off at their destination safely and in a professional manner in line with regulatory requirements. This will also include ad-hoc events such as support players with transport and logistics for medical appointments.
- To offer a comprehensive and safe transport for all Academy players as required by Head of Academy Transport.
- To ensure that player welfare is primary consideration with all players under your care
- To support Academy players, staff and associated others in line with weekly transport requirements.
- To support the Medical department in the transportation of injured players too and from their accommodation, should they not be able to drive
- To support the Recruitment department in the transportation of potential Academy players whilst on trial to and from stations and airports when required
- To support the players travelling in daily as part of our full time scholarship program
- To support the players travelling in from home once a week on the Hybrid Training model/day release
- To act as a member of the Academy team and ensure that whilst our players are under your supervision that you ensure they act in line with our Club values
- To ensure you liaise with the relevant stakeholders as per required transport journeys. Involving but not exclusive too: Parents, Players, Coaching staff, Education staff, Player Care staff, Operations staff as well as Academy Management Team and line manager (Head of Academy Transport)
- To support the Academy and Football Clubs daily operation from time to time with other transportation support
- To maintain an up to date Advanced DBS check
- To maintain Charlton Athletic Football Clubs Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities procedures
- Clean Drivers Licence with relevant vehicle specifications
- FA Safeguarding Certificate (E);
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (E);
- Extensive driving experience (E)
- Experience of working at football club and/or with young people (D)
- Experience of working in an Academy environment (D)
- Experience of and maintaining operational records (E);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (E);
- Effective organisational skills (E);
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E);
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E).
- This a Casual role that includes work on weekends and evenings (negotiable)
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- Charlton Athletic Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, color, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Note: Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
To Apply: Please send a copy of your CV as well as a covering letter explaining why you want to apply for this placement to: https://cafc.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=beef647d-fba1-4cfb-945d-16723f2b6c5c