Leicester City Football Club is currently searching for a professional, compassionate and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Practice Manager. The Practice Manager (also known as a Medical Office Manager) will lead the business aspects of the department, meeting the needs of the Club and the Premier League. The role will have responsibility for ensuring compliance, advising the medical team on upcoming industry changes and requirements, and the overall effective and efficient day to day operational management of our medical team. The Practice Manager will also ensure the well-being of players, doctors and staff at the training ground.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the following key duties:
- Working with the Head of Medical to develop business strategies and medical services
- Designing and implementing workplace procedures
- Liaising with general practitioners, physiotherapists, and other medical employees to ensure they have necessary support
- Leading a team, including medical administrators
- Overseeing daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling, cleaning and occupational health and safety
- Keeping up to date of industry requirements and advising the team of changes
- Ensuring efficient and effective internal and external communication, acting as the main point of contact for the medical team
- Preparing the practice business plan, objectives and practice aims and objectives
- Overseeing and monitoring daily practice operations, including appointment scheduling
- Managing department/practice budgets
- Managing the team employment, resource planning, rotas, holiday cover and training
- Controls the supply of medications and medical equipment
- Manages patient records and IT system
- Ensuring accurate records are kept, maintaining compliance and meeting Industry standards including collating statistics and producing reports
Key skills and competencies for the role:
- People person – you will have strong oral and written communication skills able to regularly liaise with Directors, medical and non-medical staff, the ability to work as part of a team, deliver good customer service and be highly confidential, demonstrating integrity in all you do.
- Business management – you will have strategic planning, problem solving and strong organisational skills, management skills and experience, and demonstrate leadership in your work
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task and prioritise work confidently
- Passionate to deliver world-class healthcare
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management or Business Administration required
- 3+ years’ experience in a busy practice/medical office at management level
- Proficiency with EMR systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
Knowing some of the history of Leicester City Football Club helps you appreciate the sense of community, spirit and family for which the Foxes are renowned for.
Formed in 1884, the Club has been in the Premier League since 2014 when the Foxes returned to the Premier League as the Championship title winners. In 2016, Leicester City became Premier League champions. This remarkable achievement qualified them for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the Club’s history and they subsequently reached the quarter-finals.
Under the stewardship of King Power and the Club’s CEO Susan Whelan, Leicester City Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class including the experience on matchdays. Investment in the Club continues, a new 180-acre training ground in north Leicester now open.
Ultimately, the Club’s vision is as exciting as it is simple: we believe that together, it’s possible. We value and respect individual difference and recognise that the diversity of our staff contributes to our success off the pitch. Our inclusive culture and approach is supported by our Stonewall Diversity Champions partnership, our Time to Change pledge and our status as a Disability Confident employer.
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees. Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite subsidised staff restaurant. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays.
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identify or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Closing Date – 12 February 2021