An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an experience groundsperson to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance Programme and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at our Training Ground.
The role will be based on a 35-hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours and will be based at our Training Ground facilities located in London Colney, however there may be a requirement at times to work at our Vicarage Road Stadium.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Training Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
• Pitch Maintenance - Procedures including but not limiting, mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light maneuvering/maintenance.
• Equipment Maintenance - Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
• Machinery - Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
• Liaising with first team/academy coaches and managers
• Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
• Adhere to club’s health and safety procedures
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be UK/EU residents or nonresidents with a valid UK work permit.
You must have:
• NVQ level 2 sports turf or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in winter sports surfaces
• Excellent time keeping and organization skills
• Ability to work in a team and using own initiative
• Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Full UK driving licence or ability to travel various locations due to the demands of the role
You would ideally have, but not vital:
• Previous experience working in professional football
• Spraying certificates (or working towards)
• Experience using SGL pitch lights
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 1st February