Are you passionate about helping young people aged 8-18 improve their wellbeing and achieve their full potential?
We are looking for a highly motivated coach, with experience working with young women and girls in a community environment, to work on Premier League ‘Kicks’; our community project, using the power of football and sport to inspire young people in areas of high need.
You will be working with our committed PL Kicks team to build a stronger, safer and more inclusive environment within the community.
As PL Kicks Coach you will:
- Lead on the delivery of engaging football and multisport activities in areas of deprivation as part of the PL Kicks project.
- Effectively engage with under-resourced young people (ages 8-18) at sessions; acting as a positive role model to inspire, motivate and empower young people to realise their potential.
- Have knowledge/experience of the specific barriers facing women/girls engaging in regular physical activities.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of participants to the sessions. This can involve the delivery of assemblies and taster sessions in schools as well as the circulation of high-quality marketing material provided by the club marketing team.
- Support part-time kicks coaches, sessional staff and volunteers to ensure that sessions are delivered to the highest quality.
- Support the Community Engagement Manager with the creation of casual staff timetables to ensure all sessions are adequately staffed.
- Ensure all aspects of safeguarding are integrated across the delivery of the project and all activities are delivered in a safe and suitable manner.
- Deliver fun and engaging football sessions and fixtures during the holiday periods as part of the Premier Kicks programme.
- Support in the creation and delivery of workshops and activities to educate and empower participants, predominantly around topics of crime and consequences, female empowerment and mental well-being.
- Support with the delivery of social action projects, tournaments and other events related to the Premier League Kicks project.
- Work closely with local communities to identify suitable locations for the delivery of Premier League Kicks, and to ensure our Kicks offer continues to meet the needs of these communities.
- Develop local networks, with other agencies involved in sport and youth work in Croydon, Bromley, Sutton and Lambeth.
- Ensure all participants attending the sessions are registered correctly and data is collected in accordance with GDPR principles.
- Ensure that all data is collected and processed correctly and accurately, is up to date and uploaded to our online monitoring system.
- Survey participants attending sessions to gauge feedback on activities and to demonstrate the impact of the project.
- Support monitoring returns and constantly review the programme to ensure the project achieves its desired outcomes.
- Attend additional training and CPD opportunities linked to the role.
- Represent Premier League Kicks & Palace for Life Foundation at relevant activities, conferences, competitions and other events relating to the project.
- Work flexible hours, covering some evening and weekend work.
As successful candidate you will:
- Possess an FA coaching qualification and be compliant regarding safeguarding and first aid qualifications.
- Experience in youth work, sports and community coaching, and working in schools.
- Experience of delivering or coordinating projects which seek to increase participation, particularly with women and girls and/or those from minority ethnic backgrounds.
- Commitment to high quality sport provision and to providing the best possible opportunities for all participants.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with schools and their staff including head teachers, PE teachers and receptionists.
- Ability to manage partnerships effectively and concisely so external partners are satisfied with our work.
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills, including time management, prioritisation of workloads, and be able to complete tasks to quality service standards.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both written and verbal;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team.
- Able to represent the Palace for Life Foundation in a confident and professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders.
- Relevant qualifications or experience in other suitable sports and/or Youth Work.
- Experience presenting to large groups.
- Experience of working within a community-based organisation.
- Experience of using data systems and writing professional reports.
- Valid DBS certificate.
- Full clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes.