Job function: An integral part of the Marketing team, this role is responsible for managing the end-to-end process for delivering the club’s commercial partners’ marketing campaigns across Chelsea FC channels. The Marketing Executive will be responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of contractual marketing campaigns across digital, social, email, content and match day.
• Support the Partner Marketing Manager in delivering the end-to-end partner campaign management process from briefing through to delivery and evaluation to meet agreed campaign KPIs
• Build strategic campaign plans to be delivered across the club’s global marketing channels including: digital (web and app), social, email and match day amongst others
• Offer marketing expertise, insights and advice to help partners build successful campaigns
• Develop campaign reports with the Insights team to analyse, evaluate and optimize the impact of partner activations
• Work closely with the Commercial Partnerships team to ensure all partners contractual marketing assets and campaign activations are delivered to a best-in-class standard
• Ensure the club’s partners maximize the use of marketing rights and benefits to drive their key brand and business objectives
• Identify integration opportunities for Partners in the Marketing initiatives of the Club
• Ensure partner marketing initiatives are approved against and meet the brand standards and guidelines of the Club
• Maintain & developing key internal relationships (e.g. Commercial team, Communications team, Creative Team, Insights Team, Chelsea TV)
• Manage and own the partnership campaign tracker – document and share the scheduling and delivery of all partner campaigns
• Manage the partner campaign dashboard – own the campaign results dashboard to ensure all results and insights are accessible
• Campaign planning – host and attend campaign planning meetings to inform the strategic planning and scheduling of partner campaigns
• Campaign delivery – ensure all campaign assets are delivered on time and as agreed across the club’s marketing channels
• Campaign reporting – produce detailed reports for each campaign highlighting key insights, successes and areas for optimisation
• Match day rights – scheduling and delivery of in-stadium marketing activations including LEDs and on-screen content
Measures of Performance:
• Key campaign KPIs as set out for each campaign.
• Excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
• Progressive marketing approach that focuses on campaign execution.
• Organised and able to prioritise workloads.
• Meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
• Minimum of 2 years marketing experience.
• Experience of writing, managing and delivering integrated marketing campaigns utilising a full range of marketing tools and channels.
• Experience of working in a sponsorship/commercial partnership environment
• Familiarity with sponsorship contracts and rights packages
• Solid understanding of digital and social marketing best practices
• Ability to articulate and influence key strategic decisions, build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders.
• Outstanding organisational and project management skills.
• Creative flair and confidence with a positive attitude. .
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment.
• Educated to degree level or relevant marketing qualification.
• Proactive team player able to work individually and as part of a team.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
As a team we’re hardworking, resilient, brave and proud. We constantly strive to do the right thing. We’re involved and highly committed, taking challenges in our stride and focusing on improving and evolving.
We work to win and are driven to create optimum business performance. Our success is underpinned by our diverse and inclusive attitude, creating an environment where everyone is welcome and treated equally. If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea.
We have more than 150 unique roles that help us reach our goals. Whether it’s by supporting the teams on the pitch in our coaching, medical, sport science, analytics, player recruitment or grounds teams or off the pitch, in departments such as venue and stadium operations, sponsorship, marketing, legal, finance and HR.
No matter what our teams do, they’re brave and decisive and always look for new ways to stand out from the crowd. Our Values are important to us.