The purpose of this role is to plan and execute omni-channel marketing campaigns that support audience/brand growth and commercial targets across our Men’s, Women’s and Youth Teams.
General job tasks:
● Internal & external stakeholder management – maintain & develop key relationships (e.g. CRM team, Creative Team, Ticketing Office, Chelsea TV, FA, UEFA, agencies)
● Match Day programmes – manage the overall process, to include management of agency, order numbers, match day distributor
● Ensure all relevant email communications as are built, aligned to the correct target audience and sent out as per agreed schedule
● Ensure relevant marketing materials are delivered and displayed as per marketing plans to cover all aspects of digital and out of home campaigns
● Administrative duties – PO management, CFC Women’s inbox, carry out fan surveys
Women’s and Youth Football:
● Work closely with the ML to build upon the long-term strategy for Chelsea FC Women, with the aim of making them the most digitally relevant sports team in the world
● Develop and implement marketing strategy for CFC Youth teams – with the aim of heightening awareness of the teams and increasing attendances
● From start to finish, manage match by match Marketing Campaigns – to include but not limited to: creative development, asset management, CRM and digital briefings, production management (Chelsea TV)
● Match by match and Season Ticket management – oversee complimentary tickets strategy, report on ticket sales performance
● Campaign reporting
● Devising and supporting matchday activations
● Attend key home Women’s and Youth match days in club representative capacity
● Manage the Season Tickets renewal process
● Memberships renewals & acquisitions process - inclusive of devising marketing strategy & campaign
● Devise and implement marketing campaigns (ticket sales) for all home domestic cups games
Measures of Performance:
● Ensure flawless delivery of match by match marketing plans
● Excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
● Deliver against commercial targets and campaign KPI’s
● Organised, meets deadlines and are able to prioritise workloads.
● Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing campaign management (sport, brand, agency)
● Outstanding organisational and project management skills
● Ability to articulate and influence key strategic decisions, build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
● Experience of writing, managing and delivering integrated marketing campaigns utilising a full range of marketing tools and channels
● Experience of briefing a design studio and/or creative process execution
● Educated to degree level or relevant marketing qualification
● Strong analytical, insight development and reporting skills
● Some experience in using CRM tool, Excel and Powerpoint
● Proactive team player able to work individually and as part of a team.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
As a team we’re hardworking, resilient, brave and proud. We constantly strive to do the right thing. We’re involved and highly committed, taking challenges in our stride and focusing on improving and evolving.
We work to win and are driven to create optimum business performance. Our success is underpinned by our diverse and inclusive attitude, creating an environment where everyone is welcome and treated equally. If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea.
We have more than 150 unique roles that help us reach our goals. Whether it’s by supporting the teams on the pitch in our coaching, medical, sport science, analytics, player recruitment or grounds teams or off the pitch, in departments such as venue and stadium operations, sponsorship, marketing, legal, finance and HR.
No matter what our teams do, they’re brave and decisive and always look for new ways to stand out from the crowd. Our Values are important to us.