As the organiser of some of the biggest and most iconic sport events in the world we lead the way in the sport and event industry.
We are now looking for a Publishing Project Manager - maternity cover, 1 year that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Design and prepare engaging publications with compelling content and visuals.
- Create and maintain a library of corporate assets, including templates, images, etc.
- Provide guidance and advice to requesters with regards to their publishing initiatives.
- Stay on top of digital and design trends and platform capabilities to explore and test new functionalities.
- Ensure that publishing assets prepared with Adobe Creative Suite and any other software are compatible and prepared for translation tools.
- Replicate corporate assets in additional languages.
- Implementation of amendments in publishing assets as per requester's instructions.
- Perform quality assurance checks and adjustments as needed to ensure published designs meet quality and performance criteria as established by direct superior.
- Work closely with the direct supervisor and FIFA Brand team to set corporate publications strategy.
- Manage design and DTP vendors for content/product creation, including training, planning, commissioning, briefing, quality control, approval and production.
- Ensure that design and DTP vendors are up-to-date in corporate and technical knowledge required to deliver the expected quality and customer service.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and report on publishing initiatives.
- Project Management
- Together with the rest of the PM & Technology team, coordinate the corporate publications process and management systems to ensure a compliant and efficient execution of FIFA publications plans.
- Be responsible from A to Z of the timely delivery of the design and DTP tasks to the satisfaction of the requester.
- Be the single point of contact for requesters for publication design and production aspects.
- Continuously drive the evaluation of business needs and best practices for editorial design and DTP.
- Conceive and develop fresh ideas for improving internal processes, with special attention to the smooth collaboration and integration with the Translation team.
- Source and manage external vendors, following the vendor management guidelines of the Department, ensuring operational needs are always covered and anticipating future demands.
- Develop processes, guidelines, and governance to ensure consistent, high-quality and on-brand internal publishing and production products across FIFA.
- Invoice control before the final approval by the Head of the Department.
These tasks are a good start. Time will change. Take it and shape it.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in initiating and rolling out publishing initiatives with the key emphasis on brand management and creative design
- Proven track-record in managing complex multilingual projectsStrong organizational and management skills. Ability to handle large and complex projects with demanding deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, InCopy, and Acrobat Pro is an absolute must.
- Extensive knowledge of PC/Mac differences and cross-platform knowledge of programs
- Full and extensive proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of any translation management software and translation tools and processes is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a keen attention to accuracy and nuance.
- Ability to prioritize workload with quick turnarounds.
- Strong design sensibility, understanding of typography, colour theory, space and layout, motion design principles.
- Extensive knowledge on DTP techniques and processes, challenges posed by different language groups and writing systems (Cyrillic, right-to-left, Asian languages, etc.)
- Attention to detail and ability to detect design and DTP errors in digital assets.
- Strong quality focus without compromising deadlines.
- First-hand experience of managing multilingual publishing projects from concept creation to final delivery.
- Adept at implementing and managing design and publishing tools and applications to meet the needs of a varied audience.
- Able to adapt easily to changing demands.
- Client oriented with a “can-do” mindset and taking responsibility of the work delivered by freelaners and agencies.
- Capacity to work with energy, diplomacy, and determination on challenging projects.
- Proficiency in English, native or near native level
- Written fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset